Don't know how to use the "Micro SD USB2.0ADAPTOR"

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by djricekcn, Apr 11, 2011.

1. djricekcn
    OP

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I got something in the box of AceKard 2i I recently order and the USB Reader was in there but I have no idea how to use it. Luckily I have another one so it's not of a huge importance but if I can figure how to use this one, I would really love to know.

As you can tell by the picture, the thing is pretty small. one side has connector looking thing showing but the other side is covered in black plastic thing. also, it will not fit into a usb port due to the black thing, I believe. I tried pulling and etc on the black thing but it's not budging and if I use more force, it will probably just break the damn thing.

Has anyone received a similar USB reader? am i suppose to attach thing thing to something else on the bare side?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RandomFox$&

Newcomer RandomFox$& Member

Australia
    I would try to rip out the black thing even though it might break it the way it is now it is completely useless.

3. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    i can see the chip that connecst to the usb port on the 2nd photo... just put that golden part upside and enter the usb port like that.. the newer pens from the stores are like that too

4. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    lol Just put it in your USB slot

I got mine earlier was like "zomg wtf is this!?!?" and remembered this topic but was too lazy to go ahead and find it... It fits right into the USB slot

EDIT: Don't put the Golden part upside down....

5. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    What we're familiar with is a metal casing around that connector.

The metal casing does absolutely nothing, that's why with new USBs it's not there.

6. djricekcn
    OP

United States
    thanks for the reply guys, the thins is, it doesn't fit in my usb ports, any of the four computer i have + various dongles, including PS3, Xbox360.

I mean, I can, but I have to push really hard on it (More than 3 or 4x force I normally use for the normal USB things). I guess in a way, I'm a bit scared if I'm doing it right because I have to use pretty sufficient amount of force, an amount i usually don't have to use.

7. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Errrrr I don't see why not.

It fits perfectly into each of my laptop's USB slots and my xbox 360's.

"Micro SD USB 2.0 Adaptor" lettering and gold part facing upwards by the way... I didn't have to put in any extra force or anything :wtf:

8. djricekcn
    OP

United States

Since these are not exactly a 1st party quality made USB readers, I'm going to assume that mine's slightly defunct then. Like I said, no matter what USB Ports I've tried (about 10), I have to use some what of a force (more than average) and I'm afraid to push it all the way in because of it.

9. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The tension is generally normal for these kinds of devices. Since they dont have the USB 'sleeve' to keep the usb stick in contact, it has to use the tension when inserting to ensure you have a good connection. It's generally not a huge problem. You can just leave it in and slide in your sd stick as needed which is what I do.