Hacking Don't know how to use the "Micro SD USB2.0ADAPTOR"

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got something in the box of AceKard 2i I recently order and the USB Reader was in there but I have no idea how to use it. Luckily I have another one so it's not of a huge importance but if I can figure how to use this one, I would really love to know.

As you can tell by the picture, the thing is pretty small. one side has connector looking thing showing but the other side is covered in black plastic thing. also, it will not fit into a usb port due to the black thing, I believe. I tried pulling and etc on the black thing but it's not budging and if I use more force, it will probably just break the damn thing.

Has anyone received a similar USB reader? am i suppose to attach thing thing to something else on the bare side?

usbsd2.jpg

usbsd1.jpg

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
i can see the chip that connecst to the usb port on the 2nd photo... just put that golden part upside and enter the usb port like that.. the newer pens from the stores are like that too

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
lol Just put it in your USB slot

I got mine earlier was like "zomg wtf is this!?!?" and remembered this topic but was too lazy to go ahead and find it... It fits right into the USB slot

EDIT: Don't put the Golden part upside down....

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply guys, the thins is, it doesn't fit in my usb ports, any of the four computer i have + various dongles, including PS3, Xbox360.

I mean, I can, but I have to push really hard on it (More than 3 or 4x force I normally use for the normal USB things). I guess in a way, I'm a bit scared if I'm doing it right because I have to use pretty sufficient amount of force, an amount i usually don't have to use.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Errrrr I don't see why not.

It fits perfectly into each of my laptop's USB slots and my xbox 360's.

"Micro SD USB 2.0 Adaptor" lettering and gold part facing upwards by the way... I didn't have to put in any extra force or anything :wtf:

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:

"Micro SD USB 2.0 Adaptor" lettering and gold part facing upwards by the way... I didn't have to put in any extra force or anything :wtf:

Since these are not exactly a 1st party quality made USB readers, I'm going to assume that mine's slightly defunct then. Like I said, no matter what USB Ports I've tried (about 10), I have to use some what of a force (more than average) and I'm afraid to push it all the way in because of it.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
nebula91 said:

Since these are not exactly a 1st party quality made USB readers, I'm going to assume that mine's slightly defunct then. Like I said, no matter what USB Ports I've tried (about 10), I have to use some what of a force (more than average) and I'm afraid to push it all the way in because of it.

The tension is generally normal for these kinds of devices. Since they dont have the USB 'sleeve' to keep the usb stick in contact, it has to use the tension when inserting to ensure you have a good connection. It's generally not a huge problem. You can just leave it in and slide in your sd stick as needed which is what I do.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    The cast is wild
  • Flame @ Flame:
    because
    toad is key
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    i was a bit mad when i noticed the shoutbox was gone, but this is fine too. i'm old don't like change lol.
    just wish they didn't lump all the retro console threads into one sub category

• Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My bell notification said Flame mentioned me in chit chat
  • Flame @ Flame:
    bell notification is wise
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    bell notification is a bitch
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    two types of people
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    tag yourself I'm bell notification is wise
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    ngl i wish chat had an option to disable pfps
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I'm sorry is mine that bad
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    Oh, now this is weeeeird. The shitbox was one thing, but now there's THIS!? EOFtemp when
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    I like yours
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    there is an EOF chat
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    Nono.. Not an EOFchat.. When are we rebranding?
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    I can have purple font!?!?! LET'S GO
    +1
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    wow how damn cool
    +1
  • WiiHomebrew+Snes @ WiiHomebrew+Snes:
    Fantastic! and Fontastic!
    black, just like my soul.
    sadly no comic sans