Hacking Dolphin on PS4 pro

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys, I recently saw a video of dolphin running on PS4 through PS4 Linux. I wonder if any of yiu who have a hacked PS4 pro with Linux installed can show how dolphin performs on PS4 pro. I am very curious.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
For what it's worth, if you have a mid-range PC bought in the last 4 years or so, you may want to run Dolphin on that instead, which will most likely have a better CPU than the one found in the "Pro".

Found an article that built a similarly spec'd PC (link), and they used an FX-8350. That's pretty ancient... Sony focused on graphics with the Pro, being marketed as a "4k" console (a resolution where the CPU matters less and where the GPU does all the heavy lifting).

My point is, emulation (in general), needs more CPU than GPU. Wii and GC games don't have eye-popping graphics, so they don't need a powerful GPU. It's the CPU that influences stuttering in the game. An overclocked i5 2500k from 2011 would obliterate it. Paired with a low-end card like GTX 650/650Ti and you'd be set.

Looter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi guys, I recently saw a video of dolphin running on PS4 through PS4 Linux. I wonder if any of yiu who have a hacked PS4 pro with Linux installed can show how dolphin performs on PS4 pro. I am very curious.
Can you link that video ? i cant find it.

D

Deleted User

well I notice alot of people think I used gamecube pikmin but it's actually the wii version...

D

Deleted-379826

Geez later on he puts up such a sad act to try to get everyone to give him 50 cents.

Last edited by BORTZ,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Geez later on he puts up such a sad act to try to get everyone to give him 50 cents.
It's a little strange they seem to want to guilt trip their subs into giving them money. "If you're not racist like that one guy is..."
But whatever, to each their own. I wish them the best of luck in their plight, and would probably advise they adopt a better marketing strategy than "if you're not racist, you'll give me money".

Edit:
I realise my post was a little off topic, but it is an odd thing to have at the end of a video. Alas, on a more on-topic note, Dolphin looks like it runs surprisingly well. Still outperformed by a half decent laptop, sure, but for people who like to have everything on one system (that isn't the Wii U), this is great.

Last edited by Scarlet,
D

Deleted User

It's a little strange they seem to want to guilt trip their subs into giving them money. "If you're not racist like that one guy is..."
But whatever, to each their own. I wish them the best of luck in their plight, and would probably advise they adopt a better marketing strategy than "if you're not racist, you'll give me money".

Edit:
I realise my post was a little off topic, but it is an odd thing to have at the end of a video. Alas, on a more on-topic note, Dolphin looks like it runs surprisingly well. Still outperformed by a half decent laptop, sure, but for people who like to have everything on one system (that isn't the Wii U), this is great.

way I look at it small thing to ask for the valuable knowledge I shared. Isn't that always how it is though? The truly gifted ones like Tesla dig ditches (Tesla's first job in USA) and die penniless...while the bourgeois just make snide remarks and chuckle. Alas. Humanity. So full of coal. So few diamonds.

Totally off topic btw. But that's what the forum has devolved to. I think I am done with this site. It's turned into something I despise. Look at my join date btw. Darn shame.

D

Deleted-379826

Guilt tripping your subs into donating to you for showcasing publicly available and documented knowledge? Equivalent exchange indeed.
I mean, I could understand if you at least made it possible but you're simply demonstrating something anyone with the equipment can do.

Last edited by ,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
way I look at it small thing to ask for the valuable knowledge I shared. Isn't that always how it is though? The truly gifted ones like Tesla dig ditches (Tesla's first job in USA) and die penniless...while the bourgeois just make snide remarks and chuckle. Alas. Humanity. So full of coal. So few diamonds.

Totally off topic btw. But that's what the forum has devolved to. I think I am done with this site. It's turned into something I despise. Look at my join date btw. Darn shame.
Ah, I had no idea you were the poster. I stand by what I said; if you make quality content, don't call your subs out as racists for not giving you money. Keep making content and they'll support your efforts. Be a likeable human, somebody people want to support. Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I wish you well in your future endeavours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O