Hacking dol to ISO

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there anyway to make a dol into an iso bootable by the wii? I have a friend with a japanese wii who wants to region chage it (he has a modchip), but is not so go with the hobrew scene so i want to give him a dvd he can just boot up and install.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
i doubt it - becuase then we could do it the other way round - and boot games from the HBC

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I will if there is no easier way, but it will take a while to explain to my frien all he needs to do (install hbc, copy files to sd card, run those). I was hoping there would be a easier way as he does not care for other hombrew.

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
You do it for him, he can wait, or YOU make him a nice little video and send him it exactly what to do....Ok make sense?
Like i said, i'm doing that if there is no easier way, but i was checking here if it was possible to convert first.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be possible.

I don't know if there are public tools available to do it, but HBC, wadmanager etc bootable isos have been released and the same with some gamecube apps.

I'm thinking it might be possible to replace the main dol in one of those disks with your region changer dol using a prog like wiiscrubber. Otherwise ask the people who made wadmanager iso etc.

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OSW said:
It should be possible.

I don't know if there are public tools available to do it, but HBC, wadmanager etc bootable isos have been released and the same with some gamecube apps.

I'm thinking it might be possible to replace the main dol in one of those disks with your region changer dol using a prog like wiiscrubber. Otherwise ask the people who made wadmanager iso etc.
can anyone confirm that this will work?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yes just replace main.dol with any region changer and click right on all partitions and select trucha sign but the wii needs to be on 3.2 or lower

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
yes just replace main.dol with any region changer and click right on all partitions and select trucha sign but the wii needs to be on 3.2 or lower
which means if your friend's wii isn't a 3.2 then he will have to downgrade thus having to go through installing HBC and running various apps

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
it is 3.2J
your good then
smile.gif

nicksasa

Trophies