Will it work fine on old software?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There haven't been many changes in the official titles for DS(i) mode. Just try it.

There is no technical reason for staying on lower versions if you have latest Luma3DS. Some 3DS games might not work otherwise on lower versions.

Lpetrie00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There haven't been many changes in the official titles for DS(i) mode. Just try it.

There is no technical reason for staying on lower versions if you have latest Luma3DS. Some 3DS games might not work otherwise on lower versions.
It’s mainly because I’m planning on buying and selling and it looks a lot easier / faster to homebrew a DS on 11.0

Do you know if there is any other way to speed up the process for doing multiple DS’s?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It’s mainly because I’m planning on buying and selling and it looks a lot easier / faster to homebrew a DS on 11.0
The Soundhax entrypoint for all versions ≤11.3 is very easy and fast. No doubt. But where is the problem once B9S is installed? To prevent possible problems with older versions an official update after installing B9S is part of The Guide. On the other side Seedminer is largely automated and not much harder (anymore). Not really a reason for searching consoles on low versions.
I can't say that I'm a fan of premodded systems. The buyer never knows what they get and they do not learn anything (and then they don't know anything about CFW).

Do you know if there is any other way to speed up the process for doing multiple DS’s?
If I was to install B9S on a big number of 2|3DS consoles I would do it with ntrboot. Assuming an "SD template" of all needed files is ready on the PC:
  • Copy to console SD
  • ntrboot → install B9S
  • GodMode9 script to copy boot.firm to CTRNAND
  • NAND backup, finalizing setup
  • Copy NAND image and SD content to PC into a folder named after the serial number of the console
It is two minutes of work and some more minutes waiting (create NAND image, potentially official update, installing small homebrew CIA files)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?