Does this seem like a good price?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pikasack, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikasack
    OP

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
  2. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Not at all, for that price you might as well purchase another <9.2 3DS. Sky3DS might not support future games or could possibly be blocked by a nintendo update. Besides, there are SO many more features available with CFW.

PokeAcer and Tony_93 like this.
  3. johnboyjr

johnboyjr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2011
    United States
    if you do not care abut future games maybe its a some what ok good deal

probably better off with cfw

just go to gamestp and buy a used 3ds if the fw is to new just return it and get a different one until you find a old fw

4. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Isnt sky3ds in the internet shops between 60 to 80$? Unless that sd card is a extreme version with fast speed that is expensive.

5. thealgorithm

thealgorithm GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    Also make sure it is not the red button version (or fake blue button version) :-)

6. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    I'm guessing this is Canadian dollars. Not sure what the exchange rate is, tho

7. upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    120 CAD = 91 USD

8. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Still seems like ripoff, unless you're in a big hurry or something.

9. upfromtheskies

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    I would recommend that you buy a 3DS with 9.2 or below and install CFW instead. If you look around ebay long enough, you'll find them around that price, and if you already have a system and games, sell them and use that money to pay for it, you won't need the games after you get CFW.

10. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    For $110 shipped I get o3ds non xl. Bundled with a 64gb sd it comes out to $128. To me it's a much better deal

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  11. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    Indeed a Old 3DS sealed is guaranteed to be exploitable (as production stopped before the non kernel exploitable firmware updates were released). I had previously purchased a sky3ds card but now regretting it considering that I can have all the backups in a folder in the DS home menu as well as other things such as inbuilt cheat facility and screenshots. With the sky3ds its mundane button pressing and waiting till the next rom is activated..

Ronhero likes this.
  12. Pikasack
    OP

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    I don't know about you guys, but I already have a 2ds and am quite fine with it.

I'm a master at button pressing, and I don't feel like bricking a system with emunand.
    Look is it at a good price or not?

13. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    for $120 it is not a good deal. If it was around $80-$90 then perhaps just about. 32gb microsd that the person is supplying with it can be purchased for a very cheap price anyhow.

The major put off point with the sky3ds is that there seem to be a few new 3ds games that do not work on the sky3ds due to some antipiracy methods used in the game. Still.. there are hundreds of previous games to the catalog and currently at the moment, it is the only flashcard that can run on even the latest 10.2 firmware.

14. upfromtheskies

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    120 CAD is 91 USD, and the Sky3DS usually sells for around that price, so after throwing in an SD it's not a bad deal, but keep in mind you won't be able to play the latest games.

15. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I fail to see how you would brick emunand if installed properly with auto boot

16. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    Just need to be careful not to touch the system-nand while installing CIA files or trying any type of modification to system, then its practically unbrickable.

17. Random Joe

Random Joe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    United States

what firmware is your 2ds on? avoid skycard if you can. It sucks.

18. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    paying more for a sky3ds card in comparison with the 2ds/3ds is not a worthy buy. It does what it intends to do but is way too overpriced. I have one myself, but since I have purchased an exploitable 3ds, I don't think I will touch it again

Subtle Demise likes this.
  19. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I see that already has been answered in many posts before, it is not a good price: "Not at all", "seems like a ripoff", etc.
    But it seems that is not what you want to listen.
    So make something, just go buy that and make yourself believe it was the greatest deal ever, you will not listen anything else anyway.

20. Pikasack
    OP

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    Ehhhh okay, I will just order one from Modchipcentral.

By the way I am on 10.1 and I still think a $100 Sky3ds with 5 games on it is cheaper than buying 2 normal games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.