Does this homebrew exist?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SifJar, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009

Does this homebrew exist? by SifJar at 3:23 PM (947 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for a homebrew app that will load different homebrew apps, depending on which button is pressed, to boot when i switch on my DS. I want it so i can hold say X for MoonShell 1.71, Y for DSOrgaize, A for MoonShell 2 beta 9, B for max media player (i have a max media dock), L for DSChannels, etc. I want to be able to configure each of those options. Anyone know of such a homebrew? If not anyone willing to code one, lol? (JOKE, i dont expect anyone to code this especially for me).

2. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    not that i know sorry and maybe some one maybe wil code it i think it willbe a good homebrew

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    there's something similar but not holding buttons called DSkiosk link you can set up a menu to boot each homebrew app by clicking on them in a graphical interface [​IMG]

4. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    i would like to code one if it doesnt exist, but that will take a long time, as i'd have to learn C++ first, then learn how to make Homebrew, THEN make this homebrew. Hopefully someone will see this, think its a good idea and code it before then. i will still try to learn though. i know of DSKiosk, but thats not quite what i'm after. with it you have to boot into it and then select the file you want. the thing i'm looking for is you hold a button while powering on and it will load the corresponding app instantly without (really) loading another app first. for example, i could turn on holding X and instead of booting to DSOrganize, the default homebrew on my card, it would boot direct to Moonshell. Probably not even possible the way i want it, but as close as possible to it would be good

5. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    it may have be done with the cards a FW

with the CycloDS you can hold a button(L trigger?) and boot the LAST thing you run on boot-up

6. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    Right i forget that one is nice [​IMG]

7. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    i'be found that the original DSision can launch a different homebrew if loaded while holding Right on the D-Pad. Thats what i wanted, only i wish there was the option to configure other buttons as well, anyway, proves what i want is possible...

Also, MenuDO seems to have pretty much what i want, with each direction on the d-pad configurable to a homebrew, but the demo doesnt run properly on my Max Media Dock. Hopefully when its actually released it will...