Hacking Does the new PS4 Webkit exploit work on 5.50?

L

LokiV

I assumed the silence is him just double and triple checking and that it would just take a couple of days to find out. I'm sure we'll hear from him before long.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's flooding him?? Do you have his personal email?

If he has something useful, I'm sure it will be shared eventually. All I'm saying is anything 5.50 has now been patched. I don't even think you can get a 5.50 beta 3 fw to stay away from the patched firmware.

I'm equally certain that there will be a 5.01-5.05 release at some point. when is anyone's guess...but from the look of things I wouldn't hold your breath.

We can all speculate for weeks on end--at the conclusion we all just have to hold on and wait...no amount of speculation or discussion will change that.

I see, well you must have misunderstood, OP's intent as to why he was asking, which was because the "rumors" were that if it was patched he would release the kernel exploit previous to 5.50, which you claim to have some in sight too, but it doesn't seem you know his work well enough to actually know what exploits he may or may not have, and/or if they were patched.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see, well you must have misunderstood, OP's intent as to why he was asking, which was because the "rumors" were that if it was patched he would release the kernel exploit previous to 5.50, which you claim to have some in sight too, but it doesn't seem you know his work well enough to actually know what exploits he may or may not have, and/or if they were patched.

sigh....all well known exploits that almost everyone was working on worked right up until 5.50 beta 3. After that, everything was patched. End of story.

Even savewizard is done as of 5.50 prod release. Trust me, if someone like that, with multiple connections internal and external do not have a fix, then no one else does.

I'm sure there are inroads to new exploits but it will take a while.

So yes, while I do not know exactly what he was working on, I do know that whatever it was is definitely patched as of 5.50. As for promises of a release when that happened--I don't see a release so that alone tells me what I need to know. Not the first time that has happened and certainly won't be the last.

Not trying to be a dick, just being realistic. Take it as you will.

Reactions: KiiWii and NeoSlyde

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sigh....all well known exploits that almost everyone was working on worked right up until 5.50 beta 3. After that, everything was patched. End of story.

Even savewizard is done as of 5.50 prod release. Trust me, if someone like that, with multiple connections internal and external do not have a fix, then no one else does.

I'm sure there are inroads to new exploits but it will take a while.

So yes, while I do not know exactly what he was working on, I do know that whatever it was is definitely patched as of 5.50. As for promises of a release when that happened--I don't see a release so that alone tells me what I need to know. Not the first time that has happened and certainly won't be the last.

Not trying to be a dick, just being realistic. Take it as you will.

Just trying to be clear, because your statement which seems like you expected to disappoint people with, will more likely fuel more peoples hopes, no one here cares about the possible exploits in 5.50 that got patched, they just want the exploits available on 5.05, and as I said, you probably don't see a release because it has been like 2 whole days since the update, we just recently got the 4.55 exploit, which was patched what I assume was almost 10 months ago.

Reactions: peteruk

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just trying to be clear, because your statement which seems like you expected to disappoint people with, will more likely fuel more peoples hopes, no one here cares about the possible exploits in 5.50 that got patched, they just want the exploits available on 5.05, and as I said, you probably don't see a release because it has been like 2 whole days since the update, we just recently got the 4.55 exploit, which was patched what I assume was almost 10 months ago.

no, don't put words in my mouth and it hasn't been "2 whole days," it's been weeks that it's been known that after 5.50 beta 3 everything was patched.

there will be a 5+ release at some point--that I am certain. when that will be--who the hell knows.

as for your friend that promised to release it if 5.50 got patched, when was that promise made? I'm not even involved in devoloping exploits and I've known for at least 3 weeks that 5.50 patches everything....just saying.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, don't put words in my mouth and it hasn't been "2 whole days," it's been weeks that it's been known that after 5.50 beta 3 everything was patched.

there will be a 5+ release at some point--that I am certain. when that will be--who the hell knows.

as for your friend that promised to release it if 5.50 got patched, when was that promise made? I'm not even involved in devoloping exploits and I've known for at least 3 weeks that 5.50 patches everything....just saying.

Who's putting words in who's mouth, I said "rumor" IN QUOTES, you say promise, and your wrong because the web kit exploit does work on 5.50 which contradicts your whole point that EVERYTHING got patched, maybe everything significant (as in a kernel exploits) but that remains to be seen, except by your own claims, and I am trying to tell you that if they did get patch, his in particular, it is a good thing, because it is assumed by most people that it increases the possibility of it being released.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who's putting words in who's mouth, I said "rumor" IN QUOTES, you say promise, and your wrong because the web kit exploit does work on 5.50 which contradicts your whole point that EVERYTHING got patched, maybe everything significant (as in a kernel exploits) but that remains to be seen, except by your own claims, and I am trying to tell you that if they did get patch, his in particular, it is a good thing, because it assumed by most people that it increases the possibility of it being released.

believe what you like. I'm not here to piss on anyones cornflakes. just sharing what I know.

It is very possible I could be wrong but from what I know it has been known for weeks that 5.50 after beta 3 patches everything that is known. If that is the case then from what you say, there should have been a 5.xx release weeks ago. That hasn't happened so either his exploit (and it would have to be one only he knows and hasn't shared with anyone) did not get patched and that is why there is no release or it was patched and for whatever reason he did not release weeks ago when all known exploits were known to be patched after 5.50 beta 3.

Take your pic. This discussion is irrelevant in either case and it matters not either way as neither one of us have a working exploit, are working on an exploit or plan to release an exploit which makes this constant back and forth completely asinine, moronic and stupid. Continue on if you must but I'm done.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
believe what you like. I'm not here to piss on anyones cornflakes. just sharing what I know.

It is very possible I could be wrong but from what I know it has been known for weeks that 5.50 after beta 3 patches everything that is known. If that is the case then from what you say, there should have been a 5.xx release weeks ago. That hasn't happened so either his exploit (and it would have to be one only he knows and hasn't shared with anyone) did not get patched and that is why there is no release or it was patched and for whatever reason he did not release weeks ago when all known exploits were known to be patched after 5.50 beta 3.

Take your pic. This discussion is irrelevant in either case and it matters not either way as neither one of us have a working exploit, are working on an exploit or plan to release an exploit which makes this constant back and forth completely asinine, moronic and stupid. Continue on if you must but I'm done.

It is relevant because you made a bold claim that everything "known" was patched 5.50, which is a) completely wrong (the web kit exploit in OP's question still works) and b) because if your claims were true it would have been a good piece of information to add to the discussion.

so yes, please, let's just be done!

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is relevant because you made a bold claim that everything "known" was patched 5.50, which is a) completely wrong (the web kit exploit in OP's question still works) and b) because if your claims were true it would have been a good piece of information to add to the discussion.

so yes, please, let's just be done!

Everything that could lead to a kexploit has been patched in 5.50 prod release==happy now ffs???

God you're a dumbass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one