Does the DSTTi have a GBA 3 in 1 loader?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Combo Baker, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009
  1. Combo Baker
    OP

Newcomer Combo Baker Member

United States
    I wanna play mother 3 without working with confusing loaders made by Rudolph that corrupt the save file.
    Does this flashcard allow to load gba games to PSRAM and NOR?
    Thanks in advance

2. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The DSTTi works just like the DSTT, so if you're using it with a DS or DS Lite, then you should be fine....though you still have to use some loader to transfer the ROM to NOR memory. I use GBAExploder to load to an EZFlashV 3 in 1 and Mother 3 works and saves great.

Now keep in mind, if you plan on getting that DSTTi to use GBA games on a DSi, well.....now you're barking up the wrong tree.

3. Combo Baker
    OP

Newcomer Combo Baker Member

United States
    so i can't just select mother 3 at the menu, even after iv'e written it to NOR?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No, the DSTT/DSTTi menu system does NOT load GBA games directly to a slot 2 cart. You have to use YSMenu for that, and I don't know if YSMenu runs on the DSTTi.

Note that the DSi won't support GBA games at all since there is no slot 2.

-Bri

5. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, see....you CAN select Mother 3 at the menu after you've written the game to NOR memory. However, you can't do that through the DSTT firmware.

Remember, NOR is non-volatile memory. Once you have the game written to the cartridge, it's the same as having an actual GBA cartridge with the game on it. What you need to do is turn on your DS with the 3 in 1 inserted, but WITHOUT the DSTT card (so that the DSTT doesn't autoboot and go to the DSTT menu). With the game written to NOR, you run Mother 3 simply by selecting "Run GBA Game" in the official DS menu, just like you would do with any other GBA cartridge.

6. Nacron

Newcomer Nacron Newbie

United States
    My DSTTi runs YSMenu fine. In the DSTT firmware, you can go into bypass mode to go to slot2 if you want.