Gaming Does the DS Lite have any hardware revisions?

AnotherMuggle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would take too long to explain; basically I'd like a way to clean flash everything that's flashable.

Is flashme the only software that can do this? Are there more manual and
indepth methods that are proof against write-protect settings?

Also, you mentioned the bios previously, is this separate from the rest of the firmware? I'm familiar with pc bios' but
didn't realize the ds had anything besides firmware.

Finally, is there a way to impair or disable the wifi module and/or change its HW mac address?

The wifi module doesn't have its own rewritable firmware does it?

I'd like to go into more detail about what this is about, but believe me, ignorance truly is bliss, I don't want to needlessly negatively impact others enjoyment of their devices.

As b4 thx for the help!
I'll be honest... I have way more questions than I do answers :)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would take too long to explain; basically I'd like a way to clean flash everything that's flashable.

Is flashme the only software that can do this? Are there more manual and
indepth methods that are proof against write-protect settings?

Also, you mentioned the bios previously, is this separate from the rest of the firmware? I'm familiar with pc bios' but
didn't realize the ds had anything besides firmware.

Finally, is there a way to impair or disable the wifi module and/or change its HW mac address?

The wifi module doesn't have its own rewritable firmware does it?

I'd like to go into more detail about what this is about, but believe me, ignorance truly is bliss, I don't want to needlessly negatively impact others enjoyment of their devices.

As b4 thx for the help!
There are some complete firmware replacements – CreeboMe and fwnitro and maybe others. The DS has an ARM7 (16KB) and an ARM9 (4KB) BIOS – as far as I know these parts are fully read-only. The firmware (256KB) is located on the WiFi chip which is removable in the case of the DS-Lite.

I don't really get what your actual problem is. What does not work? What is your goal? Going back to stock firmware should be as easy as just using NoFlashMe – with the risks flashing DS firmware brings: In case it is interrupted (failure, drained battery, accidental shorting of other contacts than the SL1) the device might not start anymore.

There are no benefits in not having FlashMe.

Reactions: Valery0p

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed some differences when I reshelled and repaired the left trigger on a friend's red/black DS Lite for her and my white DS Lite. The bottom LCD on hers had a different looking digitizer, and the EM 10 power supply filter looked different.

Last edited by Svinorin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1