Hacking Does softmod need wiibrickblocker and regionfrii?

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HI guys,

I finally able to softmod my wii and use usb loader gx to play games via HDD. My Wii is PAL, i have some NTSC games, if I play NTSC backup on burned DVD, do I need to use wii brickblocker and regionfrii before I burn? or this two app only apply to modchip users?

thanks in advance.

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
no u dont need to use brickblocker or regionfrii just burn and if u got 4.1 or less get the regionfree hack from preloader. if ur on 4.2 it wil not work! *aparantly* but theres ways to make em work

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are using USB, no you don't have to worry about region or updates (brickblocking).

The current crop of USB loaders block updates automatically and remove region restrictions automatically. USB Loader GX does for sure.

If you have Priiloader you can turn on block updates and region free if you want, but those 2 hacks only come into play when you are loading a game off disc.

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks all for the tips.

Retrievil said:
If you have Priiloader you can turn on block updates and region free if you want, but those 2 hacks only come into play when you are loading a game off disc.
This is what I wanna know, I already enable those two hack in priiloader and still doubt about playing disc backup, thanks for clearing this.

ultravista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happnes if you run brickblocker (or another app) on the same ISO image that will be run off a USB loader?

In other words, can I patch the ISO, and still use a loader?

Also, how can you tell if an ISO has already been patched? What can / should I look for?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Makes no difference I've region patched and brickblocked games and burned them and then later added them to hard drive the usbloader usually just takes the game partition and doesn't bother with updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi