does soft mii kill wii if an update is applied after

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by uggi2005, Mar 2, 2009.

1. uggi2005
    OP

Newcomer uggi2005 Member

hi,i was just wondering if i installed softmii on someones wii and they accidentally updated to say 3.4 would it brick the wii or just overwrite all the custom cioses reason im asking is because some one i did one for bought it back to me and all i could access was preloader.it wouldnt go to system menu.i fixed it by loading wad manager and installing 3.2.they wouldnt admit to me what they had done.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    If you put autoboot to system menu, it will not load preloader every time on startup
    and updating won't brick (unless its an out of region update)
    it will replace the most cIOS with normal IOS and some other homebrew stopping things will be installed

3. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    it will not brick , but it will not be the same , in most cases you can format and do all softmods again and any data lose will be there fault for accidentally updating , and as far as me concern there is no accidentally updates !!!!! cause there is two steps of confirmation and since you softmod it with either Starfall or preloader it should block the updates [​IMG]

4. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    updateing to 3.4 doesnt matter iv done it many times. also formatting without installing all original IOS will fuck your wii, which is CIOSCORP not softmii fault

5. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Actually CIOSCORP is part of Softmii?? Were have you been.lol Anyways without Preloader or the rest of Softmii installed just CIOSCORP installed formatting doesn't seem hurt anything i've done it many times

But what i can't stand is how many people here have been recommending CIOSCORP\SOftmii to noob users, without telling them any of them about the brick risk and yes it does contain Brick Risk IF Softmii team really cared about there Users they would give the program a more Noob Friendly Update instead of just releasing a better guide,

and about formatting and Bricking You ask me i think Preloader is the problem

but updating is not recommend for CIOSCORP, My recommend method of removing is re-installing your Original IOS's
    Honestly i dont recommend having neither installed, Myself, Modchip has always been the best in my book