Does regionfour translate jpn games

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 3than_H, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 3than_H
    OP

3than_H Monado Boy

Jan 29, 2016
    United States
    pepe's chicken nugget land
    I'm wondering because i'd like to play the japan edition of fe fates to play the differences
    OR is the game already translated

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    no it oesnt translate games, you can however get Fates englsih patched

3. 3than_H
    OP

3than_H Monado Boy

Jan 29, 2016
    United States
    pepe's chicken nugget land
    but can you change the language before you start like pokemon cause how do i get english patch

4. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    No, regionfour has no bearing over what language the game is, just that it can be played on an out-of-region 3DS.

If you want to play the Japanese version of Fates patched with fan translation, which is the closest option next to learning Japanese, you'll need to download either a prepatched version or patch the game yourself and play it via a CFW or flashcart. Or Citra, but I don't know if it's quite there, yet.

Alternatively, if you can get your hands on the Japanese version and the romfs for the fan translation, you can use Hans to play the hack without a need for any of those- though you will need a way to run the homebrew launcher.

Last edited by machomuu, Mar 10, 2016
  5. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
  6. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    As far as I'm aware, if the game (for whatever reason) already has English language files, it'll load them on an English-language console regardless of region lock, but in general it's unlikely to find an import-only game with english language files.

7. 730

730 Professional Shitposter

Apr 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Get a cia that's fantranslated/fantranslation patch.

8. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    This. RegionFour only let's you play out-of-region games, if your 3DS is in English and the game supports English, it will be in English.

If you want to force a language other than the language your 3DS is, and the game supports said language, you can force your language of choice using either HANS or NTR using the language plugin.

I had something to say about OP thinking that a homebrew app would be able to translate a game on-the-fly (using Google translate I'd assume?), but it wasn't very polite.