Does R4i Gold card really get stuck when you remove it?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by famicon_don, Jul 5, 2011.

1. famicon_don
    OP

Newcomer famicon_don Member

United States
    I read the GBAtemp review of the R4i Gold and it seems like a really good flash cart but now I don't want to get it because the review said it gets stuck and catches on something when you try to remove it from the dsi. Is this a common thing that happens? If it does happen is it a minor problem or does it damage the card and/or the dsi itself? I might actually buy an iedge card over this card because that card also seems good and has no apparent build quality issues. My main focus is on build quality and I want a decent card that will last. I don't care about all the extra features of the other cards. What do you guys think?

2. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    It's just a little annoying, that's all.
    It comes out with a little wiggle and tug. No damage.

3. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    This problem only exists for very few carts.

4. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    It's more difficult to remove R4iDSN on a DSiXL. On a DSi Classic, it's a bit easier.

Anyway, it's still worth to get one.

I have an iEdge as well. Forget about that. lol. You'll have more fun with your R4iDSN, I promise. Even when it's stuck in your DSi once in a while.

If you're still unsure: Get both. iEdge is $12-13, R4iDSN $10-11. They are not expensive, you know...

5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Which R4i Gold? There are several. www.r4ids.com, www.r4ids.cn, www.r4idsn.com, www.r4i-gold.eu, www.r4igold.cc, www.r4i-gold.com, www.r4igold.cn and probably a few more on top of that.

6. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    Yes, that's a problem. Obviously not on GBAtemp, but in Europe. 80% of people what try to get a "R4 Gold" get something else. DSTT or R4iSDHC clone cards. That's why I usually only talk about R4iDSN.

It'd be nice if that name problem could get fixed someday. I still don't know how to call my own cart.

7. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Just remeber r4i gold released by r4ids.cn and r4idsn are supported by wood r4.