Hacking Does N Card work with 3ds?

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
This card is a NDS only card I think. So if it doesn't work on a dsi, it wouldn't work on a 3ds either.
IIRC (I lost it /w my DSL years ago) the N Card comes with a mini-USB to GBA adapter and it's the only way to copy ROMs and homebrew to the built in flash memory, even you could get the cart working on a 3DS you would have no ways to transfer anything to it

Last edited by lefthandsword,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You still have one of those! Damn. I had one a long time back but ended up giving it to my sister several years back. I tried to see if she still had it and sadly she sold her DS along with it.

Unless TWL_FIRM gets patched to work with older flashcarts, I don't think N-Card will ever work on 3DS. If it did not work on 2.0, it will never work. 1.0 TWL_FIRM will not function on 2.0+ FW. So you can downgrade TWL_FIRM to 2.0 and the DS Cart White list (I'm actually using an even older one from the DSi) and then if it still doesn't work, it will never work.

If you end up selling it, let me know. I would want to get my hands on one again even if I can't really use it on my 3DS. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I googled "N card" and could not find anything...I'll try different search terms.

Ok something came up for it, but there doesn't look to be any updates rolling out.

OP is free to test as he pleases, not like any nds card is gonna brick a console....not that I've heard of.

Last edited by tony_2018,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
N-Card I think was a DS Linker clone. I found an old YouTube video on it:

(unlike the video however, I had the one that used a DS Lite sized GBA slot device. He must have gotten the one that would work with the older DS Phat. :P )

Brings back the memories. I liked that card. Not having to jam a MicroSD card into it was a nice bonus and the USB GBA slot device was useful for other things. It had a couple homebrew that used it as a interface to the PC that turned it into a game pad/touchpad mouse. It was pretty cool at the time. :D

Also there was this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ncard-will-release-a-slot-1-usb-card-reader.60765/

Wish I found that at the time. Would have made putting games on it more convenient. With that it would be feasible to use it with a 3DS that lacks the GBA slot assuming you got it to ever boot the damn thing. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS was cool at the time, didn't have to worry about CFW's or firmware updates. Now that we do, we got the next gen card users.....

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC (I lost it /w my DSL years ago) the N Card comes with a mini-USB to GBA adapter and it's the only way to copy ROMs and homebrew to the built in flash memory, even you could get the cart working on a 3DS you would have no ways to transfer anything to it

I have a dslite

flashcardtimewarp.cia didn't help installed to sysnand nand but it should as it essentially breaks the whitelist mechanism?

Last edited by funnystory,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If card worked on the 3ds BEFORE the issue with the Nintendo blocking it.

Meaning if they didn't provide support for the 3ds system before than its not gonna work.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
None of the NAND based DS cards (there were a ton of clones, all the same thing. Probably even the same company) will work on 3ds through downgrading. I've already tried. It's a shame too because while they didn't hold much, these were the fastest performing flashcards in the entirety of the scene's lifetime.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the NAND based DS cards (there were a ton of clones, all the same thing. Probably even the same company) will work on 3ds through downgrading. I've already tried. It's a shame too because while they didn't hold much, these were the fastest performing flashcards in the entirety of the scene's lifetime.

My card is actually a firecard but it's a clone,funny how we all say n-card is the clone of something else. I am not sure if it is nand based,but you clicked f card on your dslite and saw a rom list you could scroll through,I think it even had cheats.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of those xmenus were interchangeable, and the hardware identical, so maybe 'clones' isn't the right terminology. I think one Chinese company simply released many brands of the same thing.

mine looks just like this in the menu,you are saying there is no way it will run on my n3ds?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Its called the firecard,what a shame that it's not compatible. What does zap mean by nand based cards? What card would you recommend?
I personally recommand the supercard dstwo. It's very relliable, is compatible with all fiemwares and all ds models, and supports tons of applications. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally recommand the supercard dstwo. It's very relliable, is compatible with all fiemwares and all ds models, and supports tons of applications. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it.

That one caused gateway bricks I was thinking more like the r4i,I don't even play that many ds games.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That one caused gateway bricks I was thinking more like the r4i,I don't even play that many ds games.
Then the r4i might be good enough.

Also, dstwo+ caused bricks by emulating gateway. Normal dstwo and ds mode is perfectly safe to use.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What do you mean it is nand based? I am on the verge of buying an r4i but I don't know if I should order from hong kong or from modchipcentral

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.