Hacking Does My FlashCart Work for 3DS

VictorinaToriPea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi.

Ok, so I have scoured the internet and this forum for several days now, and I just can't find anything that helps. Here's my situation:

I bought this flashcart for my old DS a million years ago (except mine must be a retarded clone or something, because it says Revoltition, but it did work for my DS). I have a new Nintendo 3DS I would very much like to play some regular DS games on. Query: Are they compatible and if so, how do I get the fracking thing to work? If not, well, it's nice to have some answers. :) Thanks!!

Victorina

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You "PROBABLY" have an old R4 Revolution. As far as i can tell, they do not work on the 3ds. I haven't actually seen it on the compatibility list for updates so I'm assuming it never worked i the first place or was strached out a while back.

VictorinaToriPea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Okay, this is the exact one I have; the site is www.r4ids.cn. I wasn't able to find anything helpful there. I hope I can make it work, but if not, can you maybe recommend a decent one or the cheapest place to get one? Thanks so much guys!!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Okay, this is the exact one I have; the site is www.r4ids.cn. I wasn't able to find anything helpful there. I hope I can make it work, but if not, can you maybe recommend a decent one or the cheapest place to get one? Thanks so much guys!!

try installing this update
ftp://r4idsdown:r4id...S_V144Patch.rar
should make it work on 4.0.0-7 of 3DS and 1.4.4 of Dsi :D

heres the latest Wood for your card also
ftp://r4idsdown:r4id...iGold_V1.47.rar

will have to updated on a console which it still loads on so hopefully you have the old DS you used to run it around

Reactions: 1 person

VictorinaToriPea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello! (Sorry this has taken so long to update, I had account logging in issues lol).

So your help worked perfectly. I updated my card on a friend's NDSL and now I'm playing Pokemon SoulSilver. :) (My first Pokemon game ever. :)

So, THANKS THANKS THANKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
glad you got your card working

dont forget to check the cards website for future updates
http://www.r4ids.cn/index.htm

hope you have updated to Wood 1.48
ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/Wood_R4iGold_V1.48.rar

they call the Kernel Firmware and the Firmware Kernel on the main site LOL
but Wood is the Kernel (allows newer games to work and fixes older ones) and the firmware is for system updates on the DSi and 3DS taht stop flashcards working (www.r4ids.cn and the Supercard team are the fastest ones to fix when there cards are blocked also)

the Wood Kernel you have to get off there site but its pretty much updated after you see it annouced on the front page here

VictorinaToriPea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP

ftp://r4idsdown:r4id...iGold_V1.48.rar

but Wood is the Kernel (allows newer games to work and fixes older ones) and the firmware is for system updates on the DSi and 3DS that stop flashcards working (www.r4ids.cn and the Supercard team are the fastest ones to fix when there cards are blocked also)

the Wood Kernel you have to get off there site but its pretty much updated after you see it annouced on the front page here

Thanks for the linkage, I hadn't updated yet, still on 1.47. Can I update it through my 3DS, or do I need to borrow a DS again? Also, this might be a complete n00b question, but here goes. In the Pokemon games(and others), there's online features so you can battle/trade with people. Am I able to do this with a ROM of the game or will my 3DS not like that? Thank you guys for being so helpful, this is definitely going to be my new go-to site for gaming info. :)

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

ftp://r4idsdown:r4id...iGold_V1.48.rar

but Wood is the Kernel (allows newer games to work and fixes older ones) and the firmware is for system updates on the DSi and 3DS that stop flashcards working (www.r4ids.cn and the Supercard team are the fastest ones to fix when there cards are blocked also)

Thanks for the linkage, I hadn't updated yet, still on 1.47. Can I update it through my 3DS, or do I need to borrow a DS again? Also, this might be a complete n00b question, but here goes. In the Pokemon games(and others), there's online features so you can battle/trade with people. Am I able to do this with a ROM of the game or will my 3DS not like that? Thank you guys for being so helpful, this is definitely going to be my new go-to site for gaming info. :)

updating Wood (kernel) is just coping the files to the SD card

only when updating firmware requires to have a system thats not the latest, if you dont update your 3DS as soon as the update comes out and wait and see if you need to update the card firmware or not you can update the card on your 3DS first then update the console and you wont have to worry

the online features feature for a DS should work fine
just make sure on the 3DS you go under settings and set up the DS wireless settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-