Hacking Does microSDHC class matter?

NeverEden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my dad recently bought me a Polaroid microSDHC 8GB class 4 for $20. And I researched there was a class 6, same micro, same GB, selling online for about the same price. I was wondering if class matter that much when it come to using it for flashcart. (I'm considering to buy Acekard 2.1). What is class exactly for?

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Class is the speed at which the mircoSD card reads / writes. Generally, the class doesn't matter when dealing with most files on a flashcart, so there's not real need to upgrade. You may see a difference in games like Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am using a Class 2 Sandisk in my DSTT and it works fine.
The Class system is a minimum speed that it should perform at, if you are lucky it will work closer to the next class speed.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
As its a minimum speed requirement most cards actually perform faster then their class. A class 2 card should be fine for any flashcart at the moment.

Just so you know class 2 means a minimum speed of 2mb/s, class 4 4mb/s and class 6 6 mb/s. I have an eight gig class 4 sdhc card and the transfer speed is generally around 8-10 mb/s.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if the is nothing written on the box, its best to assume its class 2

class 6 is the best yes, personally I wouldn't bother with anything less, but if you already have a class 4 it should still work well with most games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended