Hacking Does GW allow region-free retail games?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I'm thinking of importing an AUS or JP N3DS since the US one isn't gonna come out anytime soon and I'm afraid it'll already have a patch for Gateway

Buuuut I have a load of North American 3DS games and ideally I wanna use those on the system. Nope, I don't wanna back up my carts and load the ROMs. I wanna use the same saves on my retail carts so that isn't gonna work. I just wanna use the retail game carts normally. Is this possible with EmuNAND or anything like that?

Sorry I'm a total GW noob and waiting for my GW to arrive

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use classic mode to play region-free retail games but I don't know if emunand and classic mode will work with their upcoming 9.x release

I have no idea if the Wiki on GBAtemp is just seriously outdated, cos it says in classic mode it's still region locked:
  • EmuNAND Classic
Gateway 3DS v2.0b1 - R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe v3.0 - 3DS Link v3.0 : No region free.

I believe you could use savedatafiler to transfer your saves to a cia or ROM version of the game.

but that'll leave my retail cart save and ROM save out of sync. basically picture this: I wanna play a retail game X on my old 3DS XL, but when I go out, I wanna play it on my N3DS cos it's smaller and more portable[/quote]

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have no idea if the Wiki on GBAtemp is just seriously outdated, cos it says in classic mode it's still region locked:

2.0b1 is verry old and didn't have region free for retail games. But now, with OMEGA FW, you can.
But idk if it'll work on next GW release for 9.x

but that'll leave my retail cart save and ROM save out of sync. basically picture this: I wanna play a retail game X on my old 3DS XL, but when I go out, I wanna play it on my N3DS cos it's smaller and more portable
If you are playing a retail game on a 6.x+ 3DS, you should be able to play with the same game and same save on your N3DS

Reactions: Lucifer666

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.