Gaming does god eater work?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Genomiks said:
Please don't insult GEN team if you know nothing about them. They have never stoled anything, so pick your words carefully...

Incorrect. Case closed.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
that may or may not be true,
but it overlooks 2 things.

1: the eboots are still encrypted with the 6.20 key that is not in cfw.

2: this game uses 2 eboot's, i'v *never* seen that before,

i did notice the file in question and look at it a bit, but i was thinking that if the second eboot was decrypted & the first eboot was replaced by a symlink to the second it may skip all the checks anyway.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He wrote some other stuff earlier, you guys want me to post all that as well?

UPDATE:

Yeah no dice. He got his loader working but it had nothing to do with it. I guess something is better than nothing. "back to the drawing board"
wink.gif

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
you friend should hack Edecrypt v1.3 so it dont crash on large files - that would be a big start.
he's not gonna make this game run as long as the main code is still encrypted with the 6.20 key.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think we should just wait for this to happen at it's own pace. Both games requiring 6.20 are in Japanese, so that eliminates most of us PSP players. Just sit tight, GEN are doing some stuff, coldbird is working on other theories. KOD has a custom private decryptor steve-p - so you shouldn't worry about that.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm not the sitting & waiting for a patch type,
i like to get stuck in,
but the encryption is holding me back.

more of this stuff needs to be "open-source".

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KOD's argument is that if it was open source or public, then Sony would get it's hands on it and find a way to make it useless. I can understand where they are coming from. I would really like to get more active with this as well, but I don't know nearly enough to be useful
smile.gif

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
if you think sony dont know how to use IDApro then your clearly not thinking this through.

not only can sony - or anybody else comletely disassemble any code,
they probably have debug systems they can run it on while monitoring the memory & registers to see how it runs.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Read twice before slinging insults. I said it's his argument. When did I argue that Sony couldn't disassemble code? If you think 'everybody' can do it, why don't YOU make a new decryptor instead of asking 'someone' to do it?

Surely that 'someone' could be the 'everyone' you refer to?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Ultimately withholding a decrypter achieves nothing as Sony can just check which values have been modified in the patched image if they really wanted to. It just keeps the sources of games much more limited...for instance Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble - isn't his version the only working patched one floating around?

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah that's his main reason. I never claimed that it would prevent Sony, I said that was KOD's ARGUMENT. KEY WORD. Also, If his decryptor was working, we wouldn't be here trying to get KH:BBS working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?