Does freeshop Games transfer over through System Transfer?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Unlocked_Dreams, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Unlocked_Dreams
    OP

Unlocked_Dreams Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Canada
    So my 3ds really needed to be replaced so I decided to get a 2DS but there are some freeshop games that I want on the 2DS?Does it transfer?

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    No unsigned content will be transferred, backup the tickets, and saves if need be, CFW the 3ds then do the transfer, re-inject the tickets with FBI and restore saves with JKSM

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Actually the content WILL be transferred, just the tickets won't. Tickets are what is required to make it show up in the home menu. To get the tickets back use tikShop. This will only give you the tickets from games available on freeShop, if you have any others you'll need to back up the tickets before the transfer and restore them after the transfer using FBI

BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  4. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    tikShop gives the user tickets to everything on the eShop. EVERYTHING. Plus, there's the offside chance that Nintendo could start to cross-reference tickets in a future update, which might lead to potential bans.

If you don't want the tickets to be installed on your system, download the content via CIAngel or freeShop.

On the off-chance that you do decide to use tikShop or just want all of those tickets removed, use tikSweep: https://github.com/DanTheMan827/tikSweep/releases

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If they haven't done it yet, I doubt they will. You'll have the same risk even if you only install one pirated game.