Homebrew does fastboot3ds fix "black screen on bootup"?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically does it fix this issue? This one keeps happening to me repeatedly with luma and boot9strap.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#black-screen-on-sysnand-boot-after-installing-boot9strap

I know that fastboot3ds is supposed to be an alternative to boot9strap for people but I was wondering if it fixed this issue. The only way to fix it for me is to reset the homemenu extdata so that I can boot again. It happens randomly to me and it's annoying. I swapped uSD cards and it's still doing it and I'd like to know if fastboot3ds fixes this issue(wherever it may come from).

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically does it fix this issue? This one keeps happening to me repeatedly with luma and boot9strap.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#black-screen-on-sysnand-boot-after-installing-boot9strap

I know that fastboot3ds is supposed to be an alternative to boot9strap for people but I was wondering if it fixed this issue. The only way to fix it for me is to reset the homemenu extdata so that I can boot again. It happens randomly to me and it's annoying. I swapped uSD cards and it's still doing it and I'd like to know if fastboot3ds fixes this issue(wherever it may come from).
Fastboot is only a way of loading the cfw payload. it has nothing to do with why your 3ds is corrupting your home menu ext data.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fastboot is only a way of loading the cfw payload. it has nothing to do with why your 3ds is corrupting your home menu ext data.
I was hoping it was something with boot9strap and how it did things to the firmware that caused it to break apart. I don't want to have to be another new3dsxl and I'd _like_ to know what the hell is causing this issue. As it's annoying I replaced uSD cards did the 4 formats and checked the uSD card with hw2test2 this time and if it happens again I guess I'll have to break down and get another 3ds after I backup all of my save data with checkpoint(it looks like the modern JK's save manager) and just start all over and reinstall everything from scratch if it happens again. If it still happens then I guess I'll have to say that it's meant to be the way it is.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Latest Luma3DS un Pushed code fixs the black screen to be pushed out on next release

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm glad to know that I wasn't crazy. I can feel better in the fact that it's not my n3ds that's on it's way towards paper-weightville. I was about to pack it back up into it's box and just order a n2dsxl and call it a day. I'll wait till they have pushed that bit of code. Do you know what commits it was that were unpushed? If you can point me towards what PR or patchset that was undone I'd like to try to re-add that to the codebase and see how I fair.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm glad to know that I wasn't crazy. I can feel better in the fact that it's not my n3ds that's on it's way towards paper-weightville. I was about to pack it back up into it's box and just order a n2dsxl and call it a day. I'll wait till they have pushed that bit of code. Do you know what commits it was that were unpushed? If you can point me towards what PR or patchset that was undone I'd like to try to re-add that to the codebase and see how I fair.
Try the latest release

Reactions: masterz87

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm glad to know it wasn't my uSD card. now I just wish I could figure out which case it went in(because I bought a new one I may put it into my dstwo for the games that ndsbootstrap doesn't support). Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme