1. Kliviwiki

Kliviwiki Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    FAST6191:

I do think I'm gonna get a removable media cart. EZ Flash IV, probably. The bad thing is that it's hard to find it in my country, but I can wait a few months.

So, if I'm gonna get the EZ4, I'd better get the EZ pass 3, right? Is it also compatible with EZ3?

I didn't get that...

I've tried to download the latest EZ Manager version, but a window pops up saying I don't have a don't-know-what.dll file. Beats me. What is the best version for the DS?
    I would really apreciate if you talked to the administrators of EZ Flash Forum, since I already e-mailed them but got no response...

KidIce:

Do the Micro SD's come with an adapter like the Mini SD's? Can I use them on digital cameras and stuff?

I'm not very familiar with this patching thing. Could you guys patiently expain it to me?

That is one good thing.

cory1492:

What is a buggy NAND/NOR etc burning software?

How is the MM writer? What happpens if it goes caput? What is "caput"? There aren't such stores in my country...

What client patchers and buggy burning+patching programs are you talking about? Please, bear with, since I have absolutely no Rom recording experience besides that damned EZ Manager version 1.25.

Thanks everyone for your support.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Trying to requote everything would have been a nightmare so I numbered them instead.

1)Yeah you should have no problem

2)[​IMG]
    This is what I was refering too, the EZ4 normal only uses miniSD, however with one of these you could use a microSD instead.

3)Without more specific infomation I can not really help there (I do not recall any common missing (somename).dll files so I am inclined to believe you got a bad version, The 2.20 version is mirrored here: http://www.users.on.net/~rodney_lucy/EzMngr/ez3manager220.7z (replace 7z with zip for a zip version).

As for sosukes forum (which is acting as the current English forums for EZFlash: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/ ) if you should use a proxy or someone elses internet connection can you connect?

4)DS roms are not designed to be run/save from/to the GBA cart and so have to be patched to do so. For the EZ4 you open EZ4 Client, hit open (or whatever translation you make/use says in it's place), find the rom (uncompressed, zipped or rar compressed) then hit send. Once on your memory card you can move them all over.

5)Before memory card became standard NOR memory was used (later NAND was in conjuction with some ram too), the software that wrote the roms (and patched them too) to this memory is usually quite bug ridden and fairly slow (it works though so most people do not care that much).

6)In this sense caput just means broken (it broke= it went caput), all cory1492 was saying is that if the memory card reader breaks then it is far easier to replace one of those than to replace a linker.

3. Kliviwiki

Kliviwiki Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thank you very much FAST6191. The pictures of the SD's were extremeley helpful...

Oh, are there adapters for mini SD's to become Normal SD's?

Another question: I was checking the EZ Pass 3 review, and it was stated that some games have to be saved on the EZ pass ityself. How does that work? 64 kb seems like a very small space...

And how about the EZ Flash 4 not having an internal clock? If I use the NDS there's no problem, since it already has an internal clock, right?

4. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    This will only effect the few GBA games that had a clock built in to the cart (read: Pokemon). GBA games can not use the DS's internal clock and would have to use the clock built into the flash cart. However, those games can be patched to run with out the clock on flash carts that lack one such as the EZ4... Or it would be better to just run them from your EZ3, if you're planning to keep it.

NDS games use the DS's clock so this won't have any effect on them. Besides, the DS version of Pokemone is due out soon anyway is't it? [​IMG]

5. chibiyao

chibiyao Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi, I just got micro SD, EZflash4, and EZPASS3. I put games into the microSD and I turned my DSlite, when I chose a game, I got 2 black screens. Am I missing some programs or something? Cuz' I have no clue what to do now. Help !

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Your memory card should be formatted to FAT16 (if using the windows right click on drive method it will be called FAT), usually they are formatted to FAT32.
    You need to use EZ4 Client to patch roms beforehand, there is no fussing around with options so just leave link with GBA and soft reset alone and you should be fine.
    But you do not really need me to explain this as others have been kind enough to make a FAQ and wiki with the data you will want:
    http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.php/EZFlash_4
    I advise you getting the latest software and getting the version from the downloads section of the US forums:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/
    I also suggest stopping by the EZ4 section there and picking up some updated rom lists.

7. Kliviwiki

Kliviwiki Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Sorry, my EZ manager version is 2.08. The OS is version 1.25. Is there a better one?

Also, how do I enable the instant save option? I tried to do it on Fire Emblem-The Sacred Stones, but it just doesn't work... And it's damn hard to press all those buttons on the DS, since they are all on the right side of the console.

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    EZManager 2.22 got released the other day with a xcode update (xcode is responsible for instant save amongst other things) and now sports EZ4 like DS compatibility out of the box.

GBATemp thread:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=38498
    Visit the headlines thread of the EZflash forums too as anything interesting will be discussed there:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/

9. Kliviwiki

Kliviwiki Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Does the DS Xtreme work fine as a nopass device for the EZ Flash 4?

10. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yes, read the GBATemp review.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flash,