Does Datel power save do raw save dump?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Quicksilver88, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Quicksilver88
    OP

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    I am curious what the dump files look like of the Datel....are they raw 512kb dumps of the eeprom (type 1)or do they do something to compress/lock them?

Does the Datel tool have the ability to decrypt/encrypt the saves using the new save keys?

2. ichichfly

ichichfly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2009
    Gambia, The
    As far as I know they dump the raw data send them to there server. The server than return the hacked save game.

3. Quicksilver88
    OP

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    Right but what I am wondering is if you 'backup' your own save can you then get to that raw encrypted file on your PC

4. ichichfly

ichichfly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2009
    Gambia, The
    as far as I know no

5. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Isn't that what the R4i Save Dongle does?

Or did you already have the Datel and just hoped you wouldn't have to buy something else? I can understand that.

6. Quicksilver88
    OP

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    Yeah already have a datel and after all it is just a USB 3DS cart reader so hoping someone will write a RAW read/write program for it. I have almost bought an r4 dongle so many times but they haven't done anything with their tools since forever so it is basically unsupported until someone else makes a good 3ds save editor/re-signer