Gaming Does anything ever cause a blinking red light?

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold a modded Wii, now the buyer tells me that there's a flashing red light when he plugs it in. I've never heard of this and can't find anyone else with this problem when I Google it. The buyer provided me with a picture but that tells me nothing because it looks like a normal Wii while plugged in.

The only results I find about a flashing red light are about Wii U. I sold the console by itself so he is using his own power source/wires/controllers/etc.

Does this happen to Wii consoles? If so, what causes it? I suspect the buyer may be full of shit.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell the buyer to post a video of the blink on youtube. I do remember somthing about red blinks on wiis back in 2006 and 2007. It was some hardware fault. Its possible the buyer has a bad power supply.

tqhoang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree, it could be the power supply. Sometimes the Wii power supply needs to be reset by unplugging it for 2+mins from the AC outlet.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the light ever turns off (barring some novelty IOS), it's because the console is not receiving power - look for shorted or otherwise excessively loading components (aka gamecube controller with the cable that was chewed on just a little too much, in my case)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?