Does anyone suffer from manic depression?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I wouldn't say that I'm deep into this issue but I tend to have a lot of depressing moments throughout a lot of days, depressing moments that just leave me unable to move and suicidal thoughts.

This isn't something one can simply get rid of although I wish it were.

Sometimes I try to avoid those feelings by watching a show/film, listen to music, play a game (Mario Kart 8 makes me smile) or go out for travel on train.

P.S. I don't take any pills or been to the doctor 'cause of the mood changes I just don't feel like talking about it. Now I do.

Darkyose likes this.
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I was diagnosed in my teens with bipolar depression. It's actually something that runs in my family and it's something I've been dealing with my entire life.
    I won't take pills because they basically do the worst for me. So now I have a medical dog to deal with my depression

Wii dUde likes this.
  3. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I feel this every single day, it's quite sad.

Darkyose likes this.
  4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Yeah, got diagnosed about 2/3 years ago. I feel like it's gotten better as I've gotten older. I've learned to control my emotions better and such

Wii dUde likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Suffer? No it is an awesome song
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yzc91

Anyway usual thing here is say do go speak to a medic. If it is a chemical thing then you might get some chemicals to fix it, if it is something that can be solved by talking then you might get the option to do that as well and they can teach you things that can manage it better and how to break out of loops.

WeedZ likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I can't really comment on this condition of Manic Depression or Bipolar disorder, but i have taken various medication for various reasons, one of them was zoloft and i think it was for sadness or depression, but according to my therapist or psychologist, it was for the fact i previously been taking another medicine for my aspergers syndrome known as concerta or something, which i have no clue what it does, apperently it "fixes wiring of my brain" to help increase some intellectual value when interacting with others. :blink:

Besides that i had taken few other medicines but again, i doubt it was for something about the topic of the manic depression, it was never mentioned or tested, it was all related to aspergers syndrome, at the time i was in high school and i had therapist.... or psychiatrist or "Doctors with proper knowledge of medical disorders":ninja:

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  7. Wii dUde

Wii dUde Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    Stay strong guys. Heres a place i visit on Reddit a lot. (Id be lying if I said I had depression, but just remember there are those who care about you, and in order for them to do that you must care about yourself first) https://www.reddit.com/r/GetMotivated/

VinLark likes this.
  8. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    Yes I suffer from it plus anxiety its tough but you learn to live with it