Does anyone recommend NBA Playgrounds?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw they have it on The nintendo switch Eshop for $9.99, I usually don't play any basektball games unless is based on NBA Jam cause I'm not really into the simulation stuff like NBA 2k or NBA live. From the description it says is 2-2 not 5-5, and the game looks very unrealistic so I think is more like NBA Jam than NBA 2K. So If anyone has this can maybe tell me more. The price is there until the 19th, I was thinking about it since it is low enough, but is possible even low cost games aren't worth buying to some.

I just want a bit more details about the game or if you can just say what type of player would enjoy this more, one who like NBA jam or NBA 2K. :)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a fun and unrealistic take on basketball. I bought it at full price since I had just finished watching Kuroko and I wanted a basketball game to play lol. It filled that void well. Gave me Fifa Street vibes.

Reactions: T-hug

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was interested in this game as I loved NBA Jam as a kid, but unfortunately it didn't sound to great:
https://gbatemp.net/review/nba-playgrounds.594/
According to the review, is not that bad but is not that spectacular either. Is practically as much to offer as the NBA street game by EA sports. Though I mean honestly it could have been lot better but for a game that is just a download $20 game I guess is hard to expect much.

If the game had more game modes maybe, or even those crazy power ups like the whirlwind or the disappearing net and such, then perhaps is getting closer to the arcade game we all remember loving, but it seem more like a poor copy of NBA street.

I saw it for $10 so I just figured it be nice to have because is another game other than NBA 2K series. Hoping sometime soon this "Monopoly" over basketball games end so we can see more games like we used to, now it seem like even EA Sports has no interest in making NBA jam or street again, or even a HD collection.:unsure:

Reactions: T-hug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)