Does anyone here speak Spanish?

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm taking Spanish in school right now, and last term I didn't really go to class or study and I barely ended up passing (obviously). This term I'm taking Spanish again (to complete the language requirement for my degree) and I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in helping me learn. Like, semi-weekly messages or emails so I could begin to actually use what I learn outside of class.

Thanks!

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Ryan, my native and first language is Spanish, and also well I graduate at the university in May in Spanish Education at college so if you need any help with me sending some e-mails or PM I could help you out.

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problema! I am going to sleep in a couple of minutes and well right now I don't have the brainpower to figure out how can I teach a bit of Spanish through the web, but send me a PM or I'll check this thread tomorrow to see how I can help you both. Buenas noches y hasta mañana!

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy this is where it all pays off! Translating internet messages from enpanololo to eengrish. Crap.

Buenas noches y hasta mañana
Buenas... ok thats good or something. sweet, thats how I'm doing so far.
noches... nachos? no no... yo como nachos en la noche... night!
y... thats and
hasta... well, it rhymes with pasta. I'm hungry. I have no idea, I'll guess... until or see you at
manana... uh oh. double meaning. another guesser... tomorrow or morning!
so, Good night and see you tomorrow!

YES!!! I rock at this Spanish thingy!

/juggernaut's thought train

prepare to be bombarded with questions around May at my Chinese Mexican ninja tests of spanishness! Thnx in advance

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
Oh boy this is where it all pays off! Translating internet messages from enpanololo to eengrish. Crap.

Buenas noches y hasta mañana
Buenas... ok thats good or something. sweet, thats how I'm doing so far.
noches... nachos? no no... yo como nachos en la noche... night!
y... thats and
hasta... well, it rhymes with pasta. I'm hungry. I have no idea, I'll guess... until or see you at
manana... uh oh. double meaning. another guesser... tomorrow or morning!
so, Good night and see you tomorrow!

YES!!! I rock at this Spanish thingy!

/juggernaut's thought train

prepare to be bombarded with questions around May at my Chinese Mexican ninja tests of spanishness! Thnx in advance

Wow that is the most amazing Spanglish (the combination of English and Spanish) phrase I have ever read! Well if anyone needs any help translationg something, some doubts in the rules, syntax, definitions or well just a question on how to say something in Spanish don't hesitate to ask.

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the offer luisrodl! I will definitely be in contact within the next week sometime. I had my first Spanish class of the new term today, but we didn't cover anything new at all.

luisrodl es muy simpatico.
smile.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm Spanish (obviously my native language too). Taking English studies right now, with some subjects on "Spanish teaching for foreigners", so that might be of help too
smile.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Raylene2K7 said:
get this:

--->
51llWSjt5pL._AA280_.jpg
51KmNz5UrDL._AA280_.jpg
Well, I'm not sure which variant they teach in Canada but that's for Mexican Spanish (it seems). Don't get me wrong: there's no "right" or "wrong" Spanish - in fact, the place I live in uses a slightly different variant of "standard" Spanish. However, it's always better to begin with some "standarized" version of it (like foreigners studying English usually learn British).

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
ryan said:
Thanks for the offer luisrodl! I will definitely be in contact within the next week sometime. I had my first Spanish class of the new term today, but we didn't cover anything new at all.

smile.gif
Crap, again!

smile.gif

Luisrodl... wtf is that... Dog? Cow? oh right, the dude
es... e to i
muy... very or something
simpatico... hurray for cognates! sympathetic or nice
So, luisrodl is very nice! OLAY!

PS, I sold meh DS so no Spanish Coach for meh!

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
sympathetic is actually not a cognate but a false friend! Care with those. Ayway yeah you can just deduce the meaning from the context and the similar meaning they have. It means nice. Sympathethic is usually translated into Spanish as "empático".

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been speaking Spanish since I was born. Although it's my first language, I'm used to speaking English a lot more! I need to start reading some books in Spanish and stuff because I have to take the AP Spanish test in May... if I pass it, I will get credit for 4 years of high school Spanish.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Shichibukai said:
Soys mas bobos que los perros! Català és millor de tota la vida!

Well translate is very easy to do but try putting accents on the right place or "h" that don't sound
Sois*.

Also, please, don't start an unnecessary rant. I can list some reasons why catalá isn't better - it's just a different language. And, if it's for the nr. of speakers... well
rolleyes.gif

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You are Welcome Ryan and Juggernaut. I'll be checking this thread one or two times a day to see if any questions arises. And like Maktub says it is better to start with the standarized version of Spanish and then explore all the other "versions" of the language. Spanish is always Spanish but there are it differences depending the country it is spoken. Mexican Spanish its not the same as the Spanish from Spain, and well neither of those is the same as the Spanish we speak here in Puerto Rico. It's something like American English and British English, both are the same but with it differences. And although I haven't played the Spanish Coach game, I guess it would not do harm, the more help learning the language the better.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Hay una cosa muy curiosa (al menos si eres un freak de la lingüística como yo XD) que pasa en P. Rico y otras zonas con mucha influencia norteamericana pero hispanohablante; el Spanglish. Es muy interesante verlo por ejemplo en la serie de TV "Dexter"
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...