Does anyone else avoid Gaping Soyface thumbnail videos?

Soyface?

• Instant Skip

• Doesn't Bother Me

• I Soy therefore I am

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
>posts PJW
Argument void.

Anyway, I tend to avoid them too because I think it looks ridiculous. With the only exception being Linus Tech Tips.
"Controversial opinions" :rofl2:

Don't know who PJW is but that video really did nail it in this respect as you can't disagree with any of the points raised. A well informed opinion takes heed of all angles and arguments, especially those he doesn't agree with.

Also its quite surprising that GBATemp is so Soy, or at the least has Soylent tendencies. Must be a (de)generation thing as passive aggression seems to be the new aggressive aggression for those of you not raised in the hyper-masculine 80s.

Know your audience. This isn't DSOG.

The Danish Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology? Either way there are enough cnuts on here so it is what it is.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Danish Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology? Either way there are enough cnuts on here so it is what it is.
That sounds like a fun club, but no, it's the Dark Side of Gaming. A site that has gaming news articles but the comments section reads like an IRC channel from 1999.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: gamefan5

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I could say the same to your "examples". Large strong woman reminds me of that one chick in Shock Troopers, and bulk dude in a dress reminds me of Joseph Joestar from JJBA part 2, but we neither live in video game land or anime/manga land unfortunately, this is reality.
And in reality it’s extremely unlikely to have a “group of psychopaths” coming after you randomly.

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cover16.png

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am glad my ass made it in there
You probably didn't grow up in Moss Side.

Sometimes I wonder how I made it to adulthood.
Not saying impossible, just unlikely for most people. I've been stalked and had psychopaths go after for being openly trans, so I understand that this can happen. But it's not normally a regular thing to happen to most people, unless they happen to be part of a minority group in certain locations, like being trans in a deeply Conservative town.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
No, the videos I skip start with a robotic female voice-over, when the person could have just talked in the video instead.

Thankfully they've fell by the wayside - at least where I browse - as there was a scourge of them popping up and they were almost as bad as the Sultans of Soy doing what they do best.

Youtube in general really feels like it fallen off. Content creators constantly pad videos out, the like begging is irritating and people are pressured to upload when they really don't have anything to say because they need to keep their subs. The stay at home mandate really made it so obvious. There is also an entire echo chamber effect going on in so many niches as well that it makes you wonder if they're mainly NPCs reading from the same script.

Funny how the algo makes people dance like monkeys for the money.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully they've fell by the wayside - at least where I browse - as there was a scourge of them popping up and they were almost as bad as the Sultans of Soy doing what they do best.

Youtube in general really feels like it fallen off. Content creators constantly pad videos out, the like begging is irritating and people are pressured to upload when they really don't have anything to say because they need to keep their subs. The stay at home mandate really made it so obvious. There is also an entire echo chamber effect going on in so many niches as well that it makes you wonder if they're mainly NPCs reading from the same script.

Funny how the algo makes people dance like monkeys for the money.
Yep. When you become a content creator for money, you sell your soul to the devil to keep the cash coming it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. When you become a content creator for money, you sell your soul to the devil to keep the cash coming it.
Until the viewers get tired of that shif and it backfires.

H3H3 used to make great videos, now it's shit. iDubz has become rather pathetic too.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
The only thing worse than a person obsessed by all things Disney is a person who is obsessed with people who are obsessed with all things Disney. In other words, the incels creating these videos are much bigger losers than people who happen to enjoy any given hobby or staple of pop culture. Can't just let people live their own lives for whatever reason.
what about a person obessed with a person obessed with a person obessed with all thing disney

Reactions: Xzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary