Does anybody have every single 3ds game ever made?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Boogieboo6, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Boogieboo6
    OP

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I thought of buying a bunch of sd cards and labeling them based on the letter games they contain. Something like A-D, E-G. I don't think I'd ever do this, but it'd be cool to know if it was possible. If anybody ever did do this, where would they find every game? Freeshop could provide a good very sizable amount of the games. Finding every cartridge only game would be a challenge though. What about the very obscure ones that barely anybody knows about? If you wanted a true collection of EVERY game, you would have to find those obscure games nobody cared about. Also, would 3ds to CIA work for games that were cartridge only? Does anybody even know what the size of every game would be?

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    First off Arghhhhhh I don't be thinking that's good m8y. Second 3ds to Cia should work because when you dump your cart it's not like it downloads stuff from the eshop, or gets stuff from there... No it's straight from the file I believe

3. Boogieboo6
    OP

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, it's not a great idea, which is why I won't try it out. It's fun to know though.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  4. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    Wow this is ambitious. I'm sure most of the games you would be able to find on That ISO site and the ones you couldn't find you could buy and rip yourself or ask someone over there if they would try to get it for you. The largest 3DS game is 3.6 GB (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D).

TheVinAnator likes this.
  5. Boogieboo6
    OP

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I always thought the largest game was Resident Evil Revelations. A little off topic, why does my homescreen only have 120 spaces? 20 across 6 down? Shouldn't it have 300?

6. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    Resident Evil is only 3.15 GB. Also folders add more space, so...

7. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    isn't there an upper limit of games that can be installed onto the console? I mean, I suppose if each SD card has it's own emunand, you could do that.

I suggest putting together a spreadsheet, with each line being the name of a unique game, and each column being an attribute (cia, .3ds, number of versions, DLC, ID number, filesize, etc, etc). You could shade every time you move to a new letter to keep track of 'em.

Fill in what's easy to find, where you found it, etc. I'd use that ID database first and foremost. Or see if anyone else has done a lot of the hard work. It seems like a fun project.

People love helping out projects that helps the community.

Last edited by osaka35, Jul 26, 2016
  8. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    argghhhhhhhhhhhhh but that'd be a risky one m8y

9. Boogieboo6
    OP

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I think the 300 game limit is every game that actually shows up on the home menu. If you launch the game through other methods, you can play every single one. Some kind of organization would be nice. Maybe a spreadsheet would be a great thing to use.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  10. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    If you sum every game on 3dsdb.com, it's about 1.2TB. I would predict that 60% of all past and future 3ds games are released, so 2TB should be enough.

Of course, a large number of those are duplicates in different regions, so let's say 800GB.

11. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Nintendo has every 3ds game :rofl2:

Bubsy Bobcat, DKB and TheVinAnator like this.
  12. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    I laughed hard at that. Also, why the hell would anyone want to have every 3ds game, most of them are ass

nero99 and TheVinAnator like this.
  13. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    More spaces are added when there's more stuff on the menu.

14. Ricken

Ricken Crawling from Hell, Falling from Grace

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    The only person I can think of is AlvRo of that iso site

15. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    and margen67

Ricken and Roomsaver like this.
  16. eyeliner

eyeliner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2006
    Well, there are those full romsets. I happen to have NES/SNES/GB/GBA/3DS but play them all is another question.

I just like to collect the roms, but installing them on the console? Holy damn that would surely kill any interest in the games themselves. The sheer amount of time spent downloading, installing and finding them in the home menu would be too much to even consider.

Now, if someone one day, cracks open a Goomba style rom, where we can just copy /b a few roms and select them in a menu, that's something to consider.

I did that in my NDS. I started separating the GB/GBC roms by letters and had them separated A-D, E-J, and so on. It was nice, but the size was about 500Mb, so that was bearable.

Last edited by eyeliner, Jul 27, 2016