Does an homebrew like this exist?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by indask8, May 23, 2009.

May 23, 2009
  1. indask8
    OP

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    I remember when DSi was out on japan, some guys started to try to hack it...

I first saw Yasu's helloworld, then some guys using fake commercial cards...

But I remember one guy using an homebrew...

Interface was like the "TTDS fake checker" => plain black with black text on top.

It was called "DSTT Adv cart tester" or something like this.

1:You put a flashcard on you DS/DSi.

2:You run this homebrew.

3: you remove your flashcard.

4: You put another one.

5: Press A: It boots (and on the video was actually a DSi, running perfectly old TTDS/U2DS).

Does someone remember this video (I saw it on youtube), have a link for this app?

Or maybe it could be interesting to develop this kind of homebrew. [​IMG]

2. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    [​IMG] i dont know but if it works than i hope it is real

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    hmm, can't find youtube video or named homebrew, but what's really the point? if you have a DSi compatible flash-cart, why not use it, rather than using it to boot another flash-cart? but if you really want it, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to program. just a simple homebrew which would load itself into ram then prompt you to remove flashcart, insert new card and press A or something, at which point it'd boot the card without the security restrictions made by the DSi. But like I said it seems pointless to me. But there are probably reasons for doing so, such as using better flash carts etc. or being able to get the cheapest DSi flash-cart and using it to load your expensive, really good DS flash cart

EDIT: Some coder could download the source of NitroHax from chishm's website and look at it. It can boot DS cards. But I've heard it doesn't work on DSi for some reason.

4. indask8
    OP

France
    Yes, the Cyclo/EDGE/... users could be happy to have a "first taste" of their favorite cards on the DSi for example.

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I believe this is the video you spoke of:

Indeed seems to be some sort of DSi flashcart, loading a homebrew which loads regular DS games. But it's by the team behind DSTT-Advance, I doubt they'll release it for free, dunno if they'll release it at all now there are DSi flashcarts it seems kinda pointless, but i reckon it should be possible to write a homebrew to do it.

6. indask8
    OP

France
    SifJar => Bingo!

Thanks for finding back this video. [​IMG]

I'm wondering what have happened to this little software showed on the video...

7. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Anyone else noticing the label on the one cart getting mangled when being shoved into the DSi?

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The videos are OLD (it was a passme/superkey type card btw) .....now there REALLY IS NO NEED of these kinda half assed swap tricks now there are loads of dedicated and cheap.. proper DSi cards out there now!... it defeats the object of trying to get an older card working ...even if the card is a Cyclo ...they haven't brought a cyclo dsi card out as yet but ..... they may just have to soon as Supercard have just released their version and the M3 team are busy readying their own M3i card due out in the next month or so ...Team Cyclo are falling way behind in the DSi race now!

If they want to keep in with the DSi scene they will HAVE to make a new card!