OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
The popular online browser game based on the 11th Doctor's era from Doctor Who will be shutting it's doors.

“We are sorry to report that Doctor Who: Worlds in Time will discontinue service on Monday, March 3rd, 2014 at noon PST.
“As of today, January 14th, 2014, the game will no longer be accepting transactions from players. Existing players are welcome to use their earned in-game currency over the next two months. Customer support and game maintenance will be available through the shutdown date.
“We want to thank the loyal players of Worlds in Time for supporting the game through its years of operation.”

http://drwhoblog.com/

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm a huge doctor who fan, bee one since I was eight (which is more than a decade ago) and I played the game... Seriously... Calling that game popular or even giving it the name of Doctor Who is a serious offense imho. D=

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know it was affliated with it, and depends on what you define popular. I can assure you that most outside the doctor who fanbase didn't know about it, heck, even a lot of the fanbase didn't even know that the game existed.

Just because BBC had a hand in it, doesn't mean it was good.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Im guessing you never played it before or even heard of Doctor Who.
Been a fan since as long as I remember and I've played this game and I'm still "meh, so what?".

It was nothing, just another uninspired free to play game, the same boring "mehness" you see on Facebook. Nothing terrible, nothing great just nothing that causes any damn reaction. I think a terrible game is better just because it does SOMETHING to cause a reaction.

The recent Google game and Doctor Who & the Mines of Terror 8-bit games are still the only ones worth a damn...and they're

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToonTown had a larger impact than whatever this game is--hell, after Disney closed it down, fans went back and started their own maintenance server, bringing all of the game back to life while also adding new content.

Hell, just the other week Resident Evil Outbreak fans successfully started their own server service for both games.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
good another cash cow game bites the dust. now if only the same thing would happen with everything gameloft has ever produced :P
Because Gameloft has never made a good game?

Not that they made anything great ever but they've made some alright stuff.

Before Gameloft started pushing microtransactions, they really showed what phones could do. Games like NOVA and Shadow Guardian (is that the name?) brought console-like experiences, even if rip offs, to mobile devices. At the height of the Angry Birds hype, Gameloft showed that phones could do more.

On topic, I'm sad about losing this game. I've only booted it up once or twice because I know I'll get addicted, but each has been an absolute blast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?