Hacking Do you think current flash cards will support 3DS Games?

Will they update old flashcards for 3DS Games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• They will update flashcards and release 3DS Specific Flashcards

• 3ds will never be hacked

• Total voters

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think demon hit the nail on the head ,even if it is technically possible why would the card companies want to give us an update when they could charge us for new cards,although on the other hand there will be another huge selling point option that they will still have to hold over our heads to get us to buy new cards for 3ds,even if they do relese updates for current cards to play 3ds games,anyone guess what im talking about yet?
its called microSDXC compatiblity, remember that the current cards can only use SDHC cards that can only hold what, 16 or 32 gb cards?
if they were to release an update for 3ds mode they could still sell us new cards with sdxc capability ,you know the capacity of xc cards will increase and the price will decrease all but making hc cards obsolete in the not so distant future ,but i think they will just come out with new 3ds cards that can only use hc cards then come outh with even newer 3ds mode cards that support xc cards,mo money, mo money mo money!

and if it is technically possible with existing cards they will have to have an updateable flashable fw at least and maybe even an arm processor like the dstwo for it to work ,but who knows

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hell to the no. Seeing as DS Flashcards can barely handle large games (ie Pokemon Black/White), I don't think that they will support 3DS roms, even with a new flashing. Also, normal DS Flashcards don't have certain chips and whatnot that 3DS cards have. I don't think it will even be remotely possible. A new flashcard would have to be written.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
shawnanastasio said:
CollosalPokemon said:
1) A 3DS ROM Dump, which has been done on EEPROM 1001 chips by the NeoFlash team, but we're waiting on the common versions.

WWWHHHHAAAATTTT????? a 3ds rom dump???????????????????? WHY DOSEN'T ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ANYMORE???
Because it doesn't matter since we can't do anything with it.
because you have to start some where. If you have a ROM then you can start trying ways to run that rom. Trial and error baby.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
machomuu said:
shawnanastasio said:
CollosalPokemon said:
1) A 3DS ROM Dump, which has been done on EEPROM 1001 chips by the NeoFlash team, but we're waiting on the common versions.

WWWHHHHAAAATTTT????? a 3ds rom dump???????????????????? WHY DOSEN'T ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ANYMORE???
Because it doesn't matter since we can't do anything with it.
because you have to start some where. If you have a ROM then you can start trying ways to run that rom. Trial and error baby.
Meh, I don't care anyway. I'm not nearly as interested in downloading roms of games I've never owned now than I was a year ago.

watts300

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Doesn't matter if they can. The question is whether the flash cart teams will want to update old flash carts for that when they could be making tons of money by selling a new 3DS flash cart.

Does THAT even matter? I would not mind at all having two carts -- one for DS, one for 3DS. It's not like they're expensive. In fact, their prices have come down a lot. When I first bought my M3 Real, the whole kit was about $55. A couple years later I bought another for $25. And then I recently bought 2 Acekart 2i (about 3 months apart) for $25 also.

I don't care if I have to spend another measly $25-50. I'd just like to see it done already.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Current flash cards will NOT support 3DS games. This is a hardware thing not software.

The current flashcards mimic DS games and thus can only play DS and DSi enhanced games without the DSi enhancements.

Granted there are some flashcards that mimic DSi games and can use the DSi enhancements like the Cyclos.

There would need to be a new breed to flashcards to play 3DS games. If they could also play DS games or not would yet to be proven.

As for the final thing; "Will the 3DS ever be hacked?" This falls on a few factors;

TIME, INTEREST, and RESISTANCE.

Over time, if hackers do not care about the 3DS being hacked, it will not be hacked.
Over time, if Nintendo constantly changes and removes exploits it will become difficult to throughly hack the system.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Most likely it won't be possible. For cards with no onboard CPU, downright impossible. The Supercard 2... maaaaaaaaaaaybe, there's about 5% chance of it happening IMO(onboard cpu can fake it as a 3DS card, possibly), but most likely not. I guess we'll have to buy a new flashcart.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Naridar said:
Most likely it won't be possible. For cards with no onboard CPU, downright impossible. The Supercard 2... maaaaaaaaaaaybe, there's about 5% chance of it happening IMO(onboard cpu can fake it as a 3DS card, possibly), but most likely not. I guess we'll have to buy a new flashcart.

5%
rofl.gif
be realistic 0,00001 % at best. The cpu is pointless here. iEVO may have a chance of 0,01% because of the 8 MB flash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over