macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I name my computers with nonsensical names...
The Craptop: Compaq Presario C500
SpaceHeater: Compaq SR1110NX (Xubuntu)
Fireball: iMac Summer 2000
Treebark: Macintosh LC III

tongue.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
uiaad said:
I can't say that I give my consoles names other than you worthless piece of shit when I'm in one of my moods.

But I named every computer I have ever built for my self, so far i have had ;

Holly - Ahh he was a 486 with a whopping 12mb of ram and a 500 mb hard drive but it had a long life didnt fully retire him until 2000.

*Snip

HOLLY IS A HE!?
wtf.gif

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. The Wii's called the Octagon, but I also nick named the other ones - my 360 is James Westfall and my PS3 is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater. You ladies play your cards right you just might get to meet the whole gang.

D

Deleted User

hmm.. If I would name some piece of hardware I would name my phone: FragAphone. (it would be awesome to frag it)

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ProtoKun7 said:
outgum said:
HOLLY IS A HE!?
wtf.gif
You don't watch Red Dwarf do you?

In that, Holly was short for Hollister.

Yes, go watch Red Dwarf Holly is a he ( until series 3 when he takes the image of his love Hilly who is his parallel counter part in parallel universe. continuing to be female till the end of series 5 and when series 6 starts the crimson red one is missing meaning no Holly, then reappearing in season 7 as male in Nanarchy). But no Holly is not short for Hollister - Hollister was the Captain - unless you have read the books which the captain is a woman named kirk

D

Deleted-171178

uiaad said:
ProtoKun7 said:
outgum said:
HOLLY IS A HE!?
wtf.gif
You don't watch Red Dwarf do you?

In that, Holly was short for Hollister.

Yes, go watch Red Dwarf Holly is a he ( until series 3 when he takes the image of his love Hilly who is his parallel counter part in parallel universe. continuing to be female till the end of series 5 and when series 6 starts the crimson red one is missing meaning no Holly, then reappearing in season 7 as male in Nanarchy). But no Holly is not short for Hollister - Hollister was the Captain - unless you have read the books which the captain is a woman named kirk
But in Back To Earth there is no holly.
lecture.gif

Anyway, my PSP is called Púsp.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Machines are deserving of names (vehicles, guns, etc)
Electronics: not so much.

I mean really, would you name your TV? Your desk lamp? Your calculator?

These seem to have no discernible personality.

Well with vehicles and even guns getting electronic parts, do you still name them? Or do you stop naming them because they are now electronics?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I generally don't name my gadgets, other than to call them what they are. There are exceptions.....

When I owned the Sega Genesis/SegaCD/32X system, I called it, "The Monstrosity".

PC's want a name when you set them up.....we just use various generic names......bud, homey....stuff like that.

But that's about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?