Do you like this build?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sop, Mar 8, 2011.

Mar 8, 2011

Do you like this build? by Sop at 4:03 AM (532 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    ASRock 880G EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

ATI RAEDON 6870

2x2gb g.skill 1333mhz ram

Samsung spinpoint F3 1tb

120gb SSD for OS

LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Writer LightScribe Support

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm

And that's about it.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you dont have a cpu or a psu

3. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    you really do enjoy making threads over and over again when you can't simply just make one thread and ask people to review your builds ?

reasons i dislike your build :
    - a SSD isn't needed for YOUR uses . you've said it before , web browsing + indie games . it'll load the OS faster , that's special , but for your needs , spending the extra hundred dollars or so aren't needed
    - your mobo . just because i am not familiar with it . that's a personal opninon though , since i've never worked with AsRock. Just ASUS , MSI and BioStar .

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I don't like it for 3 reasons:
    - SSD really isn't needed, and as you have indicated in your other thread (use your other thread, not start a new thread every time you have a question on the same topic), you can't afford it. A 120GB SSD will cost over $200, and you say "you should have enough money to buy the case now". SSDs are only recommended for those who have the money to burn and want to make their computers load faster. For casual users like yourself, stick with a HDD.
    - Motherboard (and subsequent choice of CPU) - it's AMD. Intel are stronger (despite the mistake they made in their LGA 1155 motherboards). If you want to go AMD, aim for AMD Fusion (IIRC, it'll use AM3+, not AM3) and use their APU (integrated graphics). As I pointed out in the other thread, that should keep you happy until you can afford a good graphics card.
    - It's incomplete. As pointed out, it's missing the CPU and PSU.

Again, stop making so many threads for exactly the same purpose.