• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,760
  • Replies 101
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted User

OP
I had to learn French and Spanish in middle and high school, respectively. The second I graduated, all that knowledge fled my memory. Anything that isn't English just fries my brain. I do know a tiny bit of Farsi, thanks to my father, but that's about it.
Ah, that's sad.

P

pasc

OP
"Know"...hmm..

If you mean "speak/n/write" in fluent manner:
*German * English *French(not very usable...) (also had some spanish at school... but as per usual... "force language aquistition" just isn't my thing...)

Japanese would be nice...

Last edited by ,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
English is my second language.

I used to know German and some pretty passable Italian but I haven't used them in years. "Rusty" doesn't begin to describe it. So I don't count them.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well, I know Czech quite well, seeing as that's my first language. As for English... well, you tell me.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No, you tell me.
Well, I mean... I don't feel like my English is really that great, but I was told by a native speaker (IRL) that I speak English better than some native speakers.

Yeah, that doesn't explain anything, does it? So, to put it in context: I am 23 now. I started learning English around the age of 5 or so.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, I mean... I don't feel like my English is really that great, but I was told by a native speaker (IRL) that I speak English better than some native speakers.

Yeah, that doesn't explain anything, does it? So, to put it in context: I am 23 now. I started learning English around the age of 5 or so.
Same with me, around the age of 5 or 6 when I beggan playing The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.
Learned english without even realizing.
I sat with an English - Spanish dictionary in order to read the NPC dialogues.

Did the same with French and Japanese.
Actually, that's a good method for learning any language to be honest.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Dutch (Flemish Dutch)
English
German
French (in a way, i can help myself when in France or French speaking part of Belgium)

i used to study Italian when i worked in Switserland (Kanton Graubunden) but gave up after the first 10 lessons (Teached in Swiss German to Italian, so i had to double tranlate from Italian to German to Dutch)

Last edited by DjoeN,
D

Deleted User

OP
German, English, French, Spanish, Ukrainian and Russian. I grew up in a German/Russian/Ukrainian family so I learned all these while growing up. I learned English from the internet and games. And the last two I learned in school.
That's really nice.
I would love to know Ukranian, as most of the models I like are from Ukraine, I can't understand what they say in their videos... but I watch them anyways. Also... Oksana Marchenko is super hot... my father is a bit of a huge fan of the X Factor Ukraine.

Last edited by ,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmmm... I guess sorting them from "know well" to "barely able to communicate":

[Spanish, English, German]: Can do.
[Portuguese, Italian, French]: Somewhat understand a bit because they are romance languages.
[Japanese]: I guess I can understand a bit and communicate a bit if my life depended on it. Basic survival level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)