Hacking Question Do you get banned from using a CERT from the same game cart or the same game on a different cart

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me explain what I mean, I am going to use DOOM as an example. I have a doom cart game that I own and I back up the cert from it and put in my SD card and try to go online with it. Has anyone tried this? and have you gotten banned. The second part of my question is that lets say I want to play hyrule warriors and I download an xci from the internet, if I use a cert from another physical copy of hyrule warriors will this result in a ban. I know this all so very early on but I think its something someone should test. I unfortunately do not have the hardware to use and nor would I like to risk anything at this time. But if anyone has any answers or questions I will be very happy to answer them.

Switchgamer90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let me explain what I mean, I am going to use DOOM as an example. I have a doom cart game that I own and I back up the cert from it and put in my SD card and try to go online with it. Has anyone tried this? and have you gotten banned. The second part of my question is that lets say I want to play hyrule warriors and I download an xci from the internet, if I use a cert from another physical copy of hyrule warriors will this result in a ban. I know this all so very early on but I think its something someone should test. I unfortunately do not have the hardware to use and nor would I like to risk anything at this time. But if anyone has any answers or questions I will be very happy to answer them.
I have MK8 cartridge which i dumped including its cert. I have been playing online multiplayer with the backup since a week and havent been banned yet. I cant say about injecting mismatched certs tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ