Gaming do you buy dlc?

well what type do you buy.

• people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • costumes

• weapons

• i think the games enough for me so no dlc for me.

• Total voters

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i only buy DLC that adds more to the main story or a separate story all together. I don't buy map packs, weapons or costumes. Extra characters are OK for games like Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have all the DLC for Mass Effect 2 because it's easily one of the best games I've ever played, I was eager to get more. Hell, don't even get me started on how hyped I am for Mass Effect 3. I have 3 files ready for transfer already. With the exception of the 'Genesis' DLC which is unnecessary for me as I own the original Mass Effect, I've played and finished everything for both games.

I also have all the current DLC for R.U.S.E. I think the game's great so I've got all the extra stuff so far. The Chimera pack with the extra missions, the Manhatten Project, and the new one where I can play as the Japanese. I don't understand why nobody plays this game. A strategy game that requires genuine strategic thinking. Get it on the PS3 so it's Move enabled and it's even better because it essentially gives you traditional mouse controls. I bought the DLC 'cause it was great value. Adds a tonne of new stuff.

I don't tend to buy DLC very often though. Unless it's for a truly great game then I rarely deem it worth the money. If there's one thing I detest it's having to pay for DLC that's already on the disk, to me that's basically theft. When I paid for the disk I paid for everything on it. I OWN that DLC already. You have no legal right to charge me for it again 'cause it's mine already. You're making me pay for my own property. FUCK YOU.

I will tip my hat to developers that release a 'Game of the Year' edition with all the DLC included, like Dragon Age Origins, Elder Scrolls IV, etc. On the one hand I love that the DLC is on a seperate disk, because when my nephew bought the Oblivion GOTY, I borrowed the disk from him. On the other hand, I do wish it'd play from disk at times 'cause I only have a 20GB hard drive for my 360 and stuff like Dragon Age Origins can take up over 4GB easily.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Blaze163 said:
I have all the DLC for Mass Effect 2 because it's easily one of the best games I've ever played, I was eager to get more. Hell, don't even get me started on how hyped I am for Mass Effect 3. I have 3 files ready for transfer already. With the exception of the 'Genesis' DLC which is unnecessary for me as I own the original Mass Effect, I've played and finished everything for both games.

I also have all the current DLC for R.U.S.E. I think the game's great so I've got all the extra stuff so far. The Chimera pack with the extra missions, the Manhatten Project, and the new one where I can play as the Japanese. I don't understand why nobody plays this game. A strategy game that requires genuine strategic thinking. Get it on the PS3 so it's Move enabled and it's even better because it essentially gives you traditional mouse controls. I bought the DLC 'cause it was great value. Adds a tonne of new stuff.

I don't tend to buy DLC very often though. Unless it's for a truly great game then I rarely deem it worth the money. If there's one thing I detest it's having to pay for DLC that's already on the disk, to me that's basically theft. When I paid for the disk I paid for everything on it. I OWN that DLC already. You have no legal right to charge me for it again 'cause it's mine already. You're making me pay for my own property. FUCK YOU.

I will tip my hat to developers that release a 'Game of the Year' edition with all the DLC included, like Dragon Age Origins, Elder Scrolls IV, etc. On the one hand I love that the DLC is on a seperate disk, because when my nephew bought the Oblivion GOTY, I borrowed the disk from him. On the other hand, I do wish it'd play from disk at times 'cause I only have a 20GB hard drive for my 360 and stuff like Dragon Age Origins can take up over 4GB easily.

This. I personally just buy the DLCs usually as a new GOTY edition after the game has been released. This happened for Fallout3 and Borderlands, but after reading about ME2 DLC, I might be tempted to buy them once I get hack&slashing through the game. Buying new characters etc for a game is something I've yet to do, but new story/campaigns are the things that rock my boat. Thus a lot of downloadable content is major let down for me.

-Qtis

ps. Thank god my PS3 has a 160 GB HDD for anything I'd want to DL. Otherwise it would be a bit hard to manage the stuff on it

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street Fighter IV costumes are a rip-off! It costs more for the complete costume catalog than it does for the game itself!

on topic:
I generally get all of the DLC that comes out for my games that adds something to the story/experience... I tend to avoid silly stuff like costumes or special weapons packs...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darn i forget maps i'm not a FPS player so i forget that... if i can edit the post i would...

rook2King

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Usually map dlc's or if they add something useful to the game. Never any costume dlc's for me.
happy.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only buy DLC for either multiplayer games I play often or a game I really like. I just bought the Rockstar Pass for LA Noire and it was definitely worth it. You get all of the game's current DLC and every new DLC for the game until the end of July for free. Also bought the Annihilation DLC for Black Ops the other day. Hazard FTW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021