you can hide behind your computer screen for protection
you can create your own personality
you can make up stuff about yourself or pretend you arent something
and no one will know.

and i think its ironic that people try to change themselves online
to be funnier, to be more of a troll, to be more obnoxious, etc
because seriously
who cares?
its the cry of a lonely soul and an attention whore (which i do admit to being. so im being a hypocrite too.)
i'd rather be changing my real personality than a fake one one that wont last even 10 years

i think i basically act the same way in real life.
im probably a lot more awkward and shy in real life though.
but i know a lot of people. that are so weird online.
on my English forums (yeah. we ARE that nerdy) theres this boy thats like really quiet and awkward in real life
but when he's on the forums. its just like. he's this totally outgoing and social person.

and to comment on the recent drama that has over taken GBAtemp
just. chillax.
10 years from now. or even less
you guys will be looking back on all that crap
and probably will think "wow. how stupid was fighting over (insert drama here). waste of my time"
or even better, you wont even remember what happened. or why you got so angry. or what you were arguing about.
seriously all this drama makes GBAtemp a much stiffer and awkward environment to be in
take your shit somewhere else. go troll them on AIM or MSN all you want,
but fighting over silly things. on a gaming forum is quite childish.

/rant.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And thus the truth has been told.
Or something like that.

Agreed, the dramalevel here is going up a lot.

And I can't really say I act differently online, since there is just no point in doing that.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much act the same way in real life. I'm not one to put on airs. I usually speak my mind, whether I'm feeling silly or serious, it is ME you're seeing online. Role-playing was something I was never good at doing, so I don't even try.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone can probably say they act differently online. I mean, I honestly do not talk about video games and stuff irl, that's why I come here to get my fix. If you saw me in real life you would think I don't even own a computer lol. I don't know if this counts as "acting" differently, but I sure as hell talk about different stuff online.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the same way online? No way, not one bit. I talk way more online, I show off, get mad way more, way, way more sillier and I'm smarter online too. No one here knows the real me online
ph34r.gif
. Being online is much more fun then real life for me.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im pretty much more active online since i dont waste energy talking (although typing is more waste), and i dont need to think much about what i say since i can always proofread it.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Used to be a lot more "real" and used to be a lot more open (yeah I know, hard to believe eh).

I discovered the hard way it's better to be just a facsade and to not let anyone know your real name your real age, and damn near nothing as well of the real person in front of the computer.

The name is easy to stop being. The age is harder to fake past 20.
I'm not interested in finding out if I could actually fake being a girl well enough to be believed to be honest
smile.gif

Joujoudoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty much the same in real life... I talk more in real life though, and when I am comfortable with someone I am more relaxed and open with them.

To be honest, I didn't join this site to "talk", I joined this site originally to ask questions about games and that was it. I don't even know how I ended up talking to people on this site. I hadn't looked at the BS people post on this site before I joined, then after I joined I was looking around the site and realized that people post a lot of stupid and pointless crap, but like you said, people can be whatever they want to be. I can almost guarantee that any person on this site that talks shite about other people and has a "I am tough" attitude, is less than half of what they make themselves out to be in real life. Mess with the wrong person in real life and the "I am tough" attitude won't get you far.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
i think if you act different online, or even pretend to be the other gender, you have bad cards when someone wants to meet you irl later on.

so always be yourself and you wont run into any problems :thumbsup:

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only tried it once. I pretty much am the same IRL, except I don't look like a fat mess or something.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I usually act the same online as I do, I can be nice if you are nice the me. But one time as a joke I made an e-mail and signed up as a girl on another forum.
rolleyes.gif
I forgot a few days later.
tongue.gif

But I act the same, I like helping, except I feel smarter in real life, people think I'm smart. They were surprised at my SCDS1 and asked, "Is tat teh AR4?"

Hell, half of my schools population are idiots.
rolleyes.gif

And yeah, irl, I hardly talk, EVAR! But I get annoying online
nyanya.gif

I don't get the whole point of acting different except for sexual predators.
ph34r.gif

MuRdOcK92

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Im alot more passive on gbatemp but it like if some one bitches at me im like oh well go f yourself and i never talk to them a gain i could give about 5 craps less what people argue about its really quite silly so yeah and what do you classify as a troll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F