Hacking Question Do we have a cold boot method yet?

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says. As CFW is released. Do we have any form of coldboot yet? Not a modchip but a way to boot CFW from boot without the need to always plug in the switch to a pc and load a payload. Just like how a 3ds has ctrlboot manager where a button combination gives us a way to load the payload?

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a jerk, but if there were a coldboot method, you would see it everywhere. Closest thing we have is a warm warmboot method for 4.1 and lower firmware.

Reactions: KlariNoX

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there's CBNC (aka Coldboot NOTchi)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But seriously just use sleep and/or get a RCM Loader. It's pretty much problem solved.

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't atmosphere or Hekate have autoboot? Before the release. There were rumours. I had a switch before I sold it and now I have a another one. And now I have many questions now that CFW is a reality.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't atmosphere or Hekate have autoboot? Before the release. There were rumours. I had a switch before I sold it and now I have a another one. And now I have many questions now that CFW is a reality.

If you're already told by multiple people no then the answers no. But like I said, you can use sleep and if you are taking your switch out of the house a lot get a charger and an rcm loader that can load the payloads for you.

Reactions: Shah Isah

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're already told by multiple people no then the answers no. But like I said, you can use sleep and if you are taking your switch out of the house a lot get a charger and an rcm loader that can load the payloads for you.

Mm an RCM loader. That's interesting. So. Say I reboot my switch and it's in RCM mode. This will do the same job as pc? As in load the payload straight? But first I gotta configure it right?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I don't have one yet but you just put it in your pc and add the payload(s) of your choice to it and it can load them on the go. They're like $10 in USA on Ebay, so check your country.

Reactions: Shah Isah

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I don't have one yet but you just put it in your pc and add the payload(s) of your choice to it and it can load them on the go. They're like $10 in USA on Ebay, so check your country.

You're a genius. That's exactly what I wanted. A pocket payload loader. Because everytime I reboot. It's back to square one. I guess that's the closest I'll get to what I desire. Thanks, that's that sorted.

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this thread needs clarification.

Is there a free coldboot option? Nope
Is a coldboot option you could buy? (modchip) yep

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a genius. That's exactly what I wanted. A pocket payload loader. Because everytime I reboot. It's back to square one. I guess that's the closest I'll get to what I desire. Thanks, that's that sorted.
Atmosphere reboots to a payload now if the system crashes or you just reboot. If you fully shut down or the battery dies then you need a payload sender. Mine hasn't been turned off in months. And I never let it get below 20%

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm an RCM loader. That's interesting. So. Say I reboot my switch and it's in RCM mode. This will do the same job as pc? As in load the payload straight? But first I gotta configure it right?
Yes, dongles are the way to go. Haven't launched a payload from my PC in over a year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455