Do Vista Drivers work with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by IchigoK2031, Jul 24, 2009.

1. IchigoK2031
    OP

IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    My Tablet
    So I realized today that I have alot of junk on my computer and so I decided that I might just back up what I want and just wipe the hardrive and install Windows 7 as my main OS, but I came to the realization that I would need to install my drivers(you know the ones that come on a disc w/ ur comp)! So would those drivers still work with windows 7???

thanks in advance

2. Cermage

Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 2, 2007
    most of the things will work straight away. otherwise i know your xp drivers will work for it. not to sure about vista though.

3. IchigoK2031
    OP

IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    My Tablet
    ok, thanks, they state that it "uses the same requirements as vista" so I'll give it a go.

4. Lodis

Lodis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2007
    United States
    When I installed Windows 7 on my laptop it recognised every single device apart from my SD/MMC hardware. Just make sure you hook up to your Wifi during install because it will download during install.

5. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Apr 29, 2007
    Kikkoman Factory
    After the upgrade everything worked without any modifications except Rivatuner (but a reinstall of that will probably work).

6. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Vista drivers will work on Windows 7 for the most part, just make sure they're the same version 32bit or 64bit. There are a few small exceptions.

Also the likes of Nvidia, ATI, Intel and a few others have drivers out there for 7.