Hacking do usb sd card readers work with usbloader 1.5?

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i successfully formatted the drive to wbfs and put a game on it, but usbloader 1.4 or 1.5 wont read it...
its a 16gb kingston sd card in a kingston card reader
im on v3.3e with cios36 rev10 installed.

is it likely that i just have a bad combo or is it known to not read sd cards in a usb card reader?

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oki i tried it with a different reader and a micro sd card and it reads it sucessfully, sees the game loaded on it but when i load it it just hangs on "loading game, please wait..."

is this another symptom of a bad card/reader combo or is there something else im not doing? cios36 rev 10 is installed, ive tried loader 1.4 and 1.5 .dol's

edit: the game in question is excitebots USA, on a pal 3.3e wii.

vladus2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there is a bug in 1.5 that breaks sd cards (or mine anyways). 1.4 works fine for me (but it might be a modded 1.4 I dont remember where I got it anymore), I think some people have patched the problem.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
because im running the usbloaders off the sd card slot already...
the card needs to be formatted to WBFS to play iso's but windows cannot read it then, so how can i put my loaders on it? i dont want to install usbloader wads at the moment, not until ive tried them all out and found what works well.

hawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gibberish said:
i successfully formatted the drive to wbfs and put a game on it, but usbloader 1.4 or 1.5 wont read it...
its a 16gb kingston sd card in a kingston card reader
im on v3.3e with cios36 rev10 installed.

is it likely that i just have a bad combo or is it known to not read sd cards in a usb card reader?

Yes card readers do work, I initially tried a card reader witha noname 2gig card in it, the card reader is a Technika usb2.0 and it worked fine. Could it be that your game will just not work on a pal machine? have you tried a pal game just to make sure your card setup is okay.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i bought a cheap as ide usb disk enclosure today and went through my shit to find an old 80GB hard drive... everything seems to work fine now. played excitebots for a few hours then loaded a bunch of other games on and they're all working.

must have just been some bad combo's of cards/readers.
thanks for your help all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom