Homebrew Do somebody know a good GBA Emulator for DS?

databyte8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello! Ho knows a good GBA emulator with cheat support for DS (or 3ds). I dont find one! Thanks you for answers!
sorry for my bad english.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the 3DS, virtual console injects are pretty much your only option. There's also mGBA or GBARunner2, but neither of those work very well.

There is also a version of GBARunner2 for the DS, but it also apparently doesn't work very well.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest gPSP with dynarec off runs pretty close to MGBA speed, which is to say not fullspeed, but its better at looping the audio to make slowdown more tolerable.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For gbarunner2 there is no cheat support. On 3DS I'm not sure if the emulators support cheats, but I imagine you might be able to patch roms with cheats though I don't have any experience doing that for GBA Roms.

Last edited by Zense,

theoldmototoad50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the necropost, but GBARunner2 works perfectly fine for me! With an exception of a couple of roms not working and no sleep mode support, it works perfectly fine. I don't know if it's because it's been updated since then

Reactions: Zense

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think GBARunner2 had cheat support, that's why I didn't mention it.

One thing that has changed in these years, gPSP on retroarch now has a working dynarec, so games are fullspeed on New 3DS. Although it tends to crash after switching games, so you'd need to quit retroarch before choosing another. Compatibility isn't that different from GBARunner2 now though, I.E. it has trouble with true 3D games, but I think retroarch at least does support cheats.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't think GBARunner2 had cheat support, that's why I didn't mention it.

One thing that has changed in these years, gPSP on retroarch now has a working dynarec, so games are fullspeed on New 3DS. Although it tends to crash after switching games, so you'd need to quit retroarch before choosing another. Compatibility isn't that different from GBARunner2 now though, I.E. it has trouble with true 3D games.
As a matter of fact, GBArunner2 does not have cheat support.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Answer to the question in the title? OPEN_AGB_FIRM. It isn't an emulator, it runs the games natively. Works exactly as the injected CIAs but without having to do a CIA for each game, and loads really fast.

Answer to the real question? The only good emulator available is mGBA, so, not much to choose between.

Reactions: fmkid

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Answer to the question in the title? OPEN_AGB_FIRM. It isn't an emulator, it runs the games natively. Works exactly as the injected CIAs but without having to do a CIA for each game, and loads really fast.

Answer to the real question? The only good emulator available is mGBA, so, not much to choose between.
Yeah only thing missing from open_agb_firm for this guy is cheats I believe.

Last edited by Zense,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah only thing missing from open agb firm is cheats I believe.
But open_agb_firm is not an emulator, then a cheat implementation could be impossible (or at least, very difficult).

The main actual problem with open_agb_firm is the save format compatibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh