Hacking DO NOT USE PS-Phwoar (until it's fixed)

__XOR__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA:

I'm adding this PSA as IV gotten MANY users complaining about kpanics and asking me a million times why

DO NOT USE PS-PHWOAR until it's fixed, it breaks all apps I have ever made

Including but not limited to Orbisman, PS4 HB Store, UPDATER POC etc

Using this exploit host will result in a kernel panic on app startup of any of those app

**Problem:** I have spoken to leeful the creator
He has identified the issue as in QuickHEN which he uses exclusively on ps-phwoar for all HENs and it may contain a bad kernel patch

**Solution:** Use Al azif DNS or if hosting yourself use spectors exploit release or Al's offline self hosting

Last edited by __XOR__,
Reactions: Leeful

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
i am using it widely, and i havent seen what you say.
Anyways Leeful said that starting 2020 he will update it with new features... so just waiting for this jewel ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Leeful had a beta test for this a while back. I was going to be one of the beta testers, if not for my unstable computer. I'm usually pretty good at finding bugs with software. ;) anyway, it wasn't just released. it was beta tested first, and I guess no one reported anything like what you're experiencing.

Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to no how true this actually is. I've got 2 ps4s. One uses hen 1.8 and the pro uses 2.0 hen And the hbstore/updater poc work on one but not the other. I put it down to having a pro and that's why it doesn't work. I even used hen 1.8 on my pro to test and they still don't work

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What the OP says is true. If you use try and use any of LightningMods apps with PS-Phwoar! It will cause a kernel panic when you run one of his apps.

If you do not use any of the mentioned apps (Orbisman, PS4 HB Store, UPDATER POC) PS-Phwoar! works perfectly fine.

I have identified the problem to be with the initial kernel patch that PS-Phwoar! uses. I used a version of Celesteblue's quickhen code in PS-Phwoar!
I used this because it is extremely stable and produces less kernel panics than other exploits but it obviously conflicts with LightningMod's apps causing a kernel panic when you try and run them.

I will try and issue a fix when I can but rather than just do a quick fix and replace the kernel exploit with the regular one I want to try and modify the one that is currently in place because I dont want to loose the stability that PS-Phwoar! currently has.

In the meantime, If you want to use any of LightningMods apps just use any other exploit host first when running Hen. (alazif's host, X-Project or my original exploit host menu.)

Remember that this was the very first release of a new menu and some teething problems were inevitable. I'm just sorry that I missed this issue before the release.

Last edited by Leeful,
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What the OP says is true. If you use try and use any of LightningMods apps with PS-Phwoar! It will cause a kernel panic when you run one of his apps.

If you do not use any of the mentioned apps (Orbisman, PS4 HB Store, UPDATER POC) PS-Phwoar! works perfectly fine.

I have identified the problem to be with the initial kernel patch that PS-Phwoar! uses. I used a version of Celesteblue's quickhen code in PS-Phwoar!
I used this because it is extremely stable and produces less kernel panics than other exploits but it obviously conflicts with LightningMod's apps causing a kernel panic when you try and run them.

I will try and issue a fix when I can but rather than just do a quick fix and replace the kernel exploit with the regular one I want to try and modify the one that is currently in place because I dont want to loose the stability that PS-Phwoar! currently has.

In the meantime, If you want to use any of LightningMods apps just use any other exploit host first when running Hen. (alazif's host, X-Project or my original exploit host menu.)

Remember that this was the very first release of a new menu and some teething problems were inevitable. I'm just sorry that I missed this issue before the release.
the title make it a big deal
"Do not use ps-phwoar OMG it will brick your console "
this was what i excepted when i see topic title..
so what is the problem? : two or three homebrew will kernel panic with ps-phwoar:D
this not a big deal...
by far ps-phwoar is most stable exploit host i ever use
30 time run hen and not a single kernel panic
and as leeful say it is just first release
there is no need for you to be sorry leeful...

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so what is the problem? : two or three homebrew will kernel panic with ps-phwoar:D
this not a big deal...
I agree. The title makes it sound a lot worse than it actually is. It should say something like "PS-Phwoar! does not currently work with LightningMods' apps (until it is fixed)".
As it is now, It could scare people.

I'm currently working on a fix but like I said before I dont want to compromise what is already there just for the sake of 3 homebrew apps not working but I will get the issue fixed.:)

Thanks to everyone for their support and positive comments, I appreciate it.:)

Last edited by Leeful,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off topic: just a heads up, I think I've figured out what the deal is with this pc. I have it under warranty from dell. they could not find anything wrong with it both times I sent it to them. anyway, I think it's the 40TBs connected to it. I'm going to try to keep only one, maybe two, drives connected at once. I just redumped my system check for the wii, since the one on the hdds was from 2010. I had to replace all of them on the hdds, so they're all plugged in at this very moment.. lol ;)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this not a big deal...
Why was this dude banned? This is his first post here and he's already been banned

Last edited by MiguelinCrafter,

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA:

I'm adding this PSA as IV gotten MANY users complaining about kpanics and asking me a million times why

DO NOT USE PS-PHWOAR until it's fixed, it breaks all apps I have ever made

Including but not limited to Orbisman, PS4 HB Store, UPDATER POC etc

Using this exploit host will result in a kernel panic on app startup of any of those app

**Problem:** I have spoken to leeful the creator
He has identified the issue as in QuickHEN which he uses exclusively on ps-phwoar for all HENs and it may contain a bad kernel patch

**Solution:** Use Al azif DNS or if hosting yourself use spectors exploit release or Al's offline self hosting

What's with the ridiculous and frankly disrespectful title? I and seemingly most people here do not use any of your apps.

Can we get the thread title reworded to not use any of OP's apps until Leeful decides to support them?

I propose the following title:

WARNING - 99% CHANCE YOU AREN'T USING THEM ANYWAY BUT PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE LM'S APPS UNTIL LEEFUL DECIDES IF IT'S WORTH HIS TIME TO SUPPORT THEM

Last edited by UnT7oh,
Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll probably have to contact staff to change the title. I know editing the title is in thread tools near the top of the post. I don't know if a normal user has access to that, which is why I'm suggesting it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2020-1-6_12-21-2.png

that's where it would be.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's with the ridiculous and frankly disrespectful title? I and seemingly most people here do not use any of your apps.

Can we get the thread title reworded to not use any of OP's apps until Leeful decides to support them?

I propose the following title:

WARNING - 99% CHANCE YOU AREN'T USING THEM ANYWAY BUT PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE LM'S APPS UNTIL LEEFUL DECIDES IF IT'S WORTH HIS TIME TO SUPPORT THEM
LOL, I think the title should just say "PSA: LightningMods' apps are currently incompatable with PS-Phwoar! (a fix is being worked on)"

I've been working on a fix and I've managed to get his apps working but in turn it has broken some things in PS-Phwoar! like Binloader and GTA mods so I definatly wont be using that.
Back to the drawing board... I'll know I'll get it fixed in the end.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)