Do I need Gateway for N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by vexhash, Jan 4, 2016.

1. vexhash
    OP

vexhash GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    So... I successfully downgraded my N3DSXL to 9.2.0-20E. I want piracy, obviously. As I could understand there's no other option than installing CFW with Gateway and Cubic Ninja, is it right? Can I install CFW without those cartridges? Or can i get piracy without CFW at all?
    Not mentioning using Gateway for playing games, it's pretty obvious.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
  3. vexhash
    OP

vexhash GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
  4. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    That only says to use Cakes or Pasta. It sounds like it would work with rxtools as well. It mentions rxtools but said it might not fully work on N3DS, but it's an old post. Does rxtools using a new build work properly, so you don't need to install a different CFW before the rxtools?

Also, there's a recent program that creates an EmuNAND without using the Gateway launcher. I can't find the link, however. Would that also avoid the proboem of needing OOT/CN?

5. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    I talk about rxtools in the third part, but you need cakes or pasta first to install a cia manager on your sysnand (alternatively, you can also use rxtools pasta mode, but it's easier to just use pasta itself)

And you can use the new gw homebrew app to get into the gateway menu through an *hax.