Hacking Do I Need a GC Memory Card

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Like I said in another topic, the question isn't as stupid as you may think
The PS3 can emulate old PS1 and 2 cards on its hard drive. So people may have thought the wii could do the same thing for gamecube cards

Here's the problem with your logic... Does the PS3 have slots for PS1/2 memory cards?

Not that I know of...

Since the Wii has slots for Gamecube memory cards, one would assume that you'd need a Gamecube memory card... but yes... when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me....

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the PS3 have PS1/PS2 Memory Slots !? No.

Okay zidane was faster
wink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:
kedest said:
The PS3 can emulate old PS1 and 2 cards on its hard drive. So people may have thought the wii could do the same thing for gamecube cards

Here's the problem with your logic... Does the PS3 have slots for PS1/2 memory cards?

Not that I know of...

Since the Wii has slots for Gamecube memory cards, one would assume that you'd need a Gamecube memory card... but yes... when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me....

my logic still stands. it still could have been possible to have a virtual memorycard, created perhaps by the loader itself instead of the wii system. Not everyone knows everything about the wii. So why not just help those people instead of trying to make fun of them

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
kedest said:

Yes it is, the question doesn't need to be asked full stop. It's such a retarded waste of people's time. All the op needs to do is boot up a game in the launcher, try to save, and he would have his answer. God, I swear some people cannot think for themselves.

TO THE OP AND ANYONE WHO FEELS LIKE ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS, USE YOUR COMMON SENSE, AND IF THAT FAILS JUST ACTUALLY USE THE GC LAUNCHER, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WORK OUT THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION YOURSELF.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
kedest said:
zidane_genome said:
kedest said:

Not that I know of...

my logic still stands. it still could have been possible to have a virtual memorycard, created perhaps by the loader itself instead of the wii system. Not everyone knows everything about the wii. So why not just help those people instead of trying to make fun of them

yes but the OP could have tested the launcher to see if it had this function. Anyone could easily answer this type of question for themselves, there's no need for pointless threads like this one.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP trusted us to answer for him, thinking this place was a helpful website. Which it is. If you don't want to answer don't, but those of us here who enjoy helping others go through the process of manipulating their wii's don't mind and will post here.

So yeah, OP, You have to use GC memory cards, but I can almost garentee you that eventually the saves will become SD card based, just not anytime soon.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
w4aqar said:
AsosaYoung said:
w4aqar said:
AsosaYoung said:
And there is a tread for GC questions.

Whatever dude.

It's just people start treads without reading. Ive had the GC launcher since yesterday and I'm waiting until later on today before I get all the S**t I need to get my GC on. So I've been reading the treads and get all the information I need you should do the same.

Edit: PLEASE CLOSE THIS TREAD

EDIT: SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Damn, Stop being an ass. He gave you an answer,
which was there's a GC tread for Questions like this, which there is. Threres no need to open a thread when the question's already been answered.
( plus the answer before him said "Yes" You need a GC card" )

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The things is like others already said if he had ever tried the Loader he would already know the answer and really the GC Memory Card Slot´s are a big hint and the Wii manual too
wink.gif

Some guys are only to lazy to try it yourself.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
zidane_genome said:
kedest said:

Not that I know of...

Because they are apparently too lazy to search for themselves or ask the question in the right topic. And because the topic starter doesn't seem that friendly himself.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a question... should i get a 1st party memory card or a 3rd party card cause i can only get the 3rd party 16X at where i'm at and let me tell it's a bunch of BS that i can't find the nintendo brand 1000 blocks

don't tell me what to watch casue i'm the juggernaut's Beech!!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When someone posts a topic, either answer their question, or link them to another topic where the question has already been asked and answered.

Please notice that neither of those acceptable options include flaming.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
DJPlace, you're actually probably better off with a third-party card. None of the save managers are compatible with the official Nintendo cards, so you can't backup your saves to SD or restore them from SD, you're limited to using the Wii's internal save manager, which doesn't leave you with many options.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:
When someone posts a topic, either answer their question, or link them to another topic where the question has already been asked and answered.

Please notice that neither of those acceptable options include flaming.

That's true, I agree. But why is this topic even needed? Flaming aside, there's no reason for the OP to create a thread to ask something he could have asked here or here. Why isn't it closed already? I've seen quite a few threads like this one being closed right off the bat.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just close the dang topic so no more pika fires start from anyone inculdeing ME (which happend all ready so i'll just shut my mouth Goes back to viewful joe red hot rumble!!)

also thank you rant for answering my question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol