Do I have a faulty PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LittleRedRidingH, Jun 3, 2011.

1. LittleRedRidingH
    OP

LittleRedRidingH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I bought a 40gb phat ps3 on ebay and it came this morning. It was advertised as fully functional. I hooked it up with the hdmi cable, and then turned it on. A message showed up asking if I want to use hdmi, I selected yes, and then there's a black screen.

Then I tried selecting no and the same thing happened. I tried to connect it via standard av and all I get is a blue screen. I contacted the seller and he told me to hold the power button for about 6 seconds to put it in recovery mode and reset settings. When I do that and select one of the six options, it shows a message saying "hard disk can't be accessed".

I contacted the seller again and he said that I need to open the hard disk and see if it's dusty. I don't have the right screwdriver to unscrew the blue screw. Is there anything else I can do to make it work. Please help [​IMG] x

2. BlazerX

BlazerX GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2010
    United States
    Did you try to reset the Video out out?

if you did not try and hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps and it should reset videa

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice