Hacking Do I actually need Mocha CFW

tpformbh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've no interest in downloading DLC or eShop games that aren't purchased legit.

I've ripped my WiiU disc tickets and set them up on a USB drive, so I don't need the disc in to play anymore.

Probably won't change the current game line up on my console. I've got the web browser exploit bookmarked, and got the homebrew channel forwarder installed.

basically, tl;dr - do I actually need Mocha CFW for anything in my setup, or can I delete it off my SD card and forget about it?

As far as I can tell the only risk I face is if the web browser exploit site ever went offline, I'd not be able to reinstall any of my games using WUP Installer, correct?

Thx

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've ripped my WiiU disc tickets and set them up on a USB drive, so I don't need the disc in to play anymore.

Probably won't change the current game line up on my console. I've got the web browser exploit bookmarked, and got the homebrew channel forwarder installed.

basically, tl;dr - do I actually need Mocha CFW for anything in my setup, or can I delete it off my SD card and forget about it?
If you are only playing legit games then you don't need mocha, but I would just keep it in case you ever change your mind
As far as I can tell the only risk I face is if the web browser exploit site ever went offline, I'd not be able to reinstall any of my games using WUP Installer, correct?

Thx
If an exploit site went down, just use a different one or selfhost :P

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thx
You need a cfw to run games that don't have both an eshop release and disc release. Mocha is better than iosuhax because it doesn't require you to manually compile fw.img.
And you can still run these things from haxchi if the exploit site goes down (even though someone would just reupload anyway).
Without cfw you can't install and run things like virtual console and eshop exclusives (at least last time i checked), so mocha is the way to go for those.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has been old info forever, you can use wudump to rip wuds of disc only games and install legit. You now only need CFW for eShop only and DLC
I honestly haven't been in the scene for a few months. But still most of what I said is correct
Also a few months != old news known forever

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Guess its been out on PC for a year. Was up for some indie awards.