Hacking Do flashcarts work after today's update?

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned in subject, do the flashcarts still work with the version update? Specifically, I'm using Acekard 2i atm.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why they wouldn't, they are after all updating the 3DS firmware, and not the NDS bios, but I could easily be wrong.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I read somewhere the update is going to be 50MBs; which is kinda large, even for all the new features. Maybe it's possible a bunch of extra AP checks are included in those 50MBs. My bet's on that. We'll see.
ph34r.gif

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my Japaneses 3DS is giving me a notificaiton but I don't want to update yet because right now...until I get my zelda next week and Abyss in two, I only play homebrew DS stuff =/

Posts merged

Yeah, my Japaneses 3DS is giving me a notificaiton but I don't want to update yet because right now...until I get my zelda next week and Abyss in two, I only play homebrew DS stuff =/

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
As mentioned in subject, do the flashcarts still work with the version update? Specifically, I'm using Acekard 2i atm.

A thread will likely be made once the update has actually been released, this thread will also probably make it to front page news.

In the mean time please refrain from posting more of these threads as at the moment it is basically just spam as nobody has an answer or will have one until the update is out.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
djricekcn said:

A thread will likely be made once the update has actually been released, this thread will also probably make it to front page news.

In the mean time please refrain from posting more of these threads as at the moment it is basically just spam as nobody has an answer or will have one until the update is out.
the update is released though, my 3DS gave me a notification. nintendo even mentioned about Ridge Racer freezing up. check the Japanese 3DS if you have it.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
DarkWay said:
djricekcn said:

the update is released though, my 3DS gave me a notification. nintendo even mentioned about Ridge Racer freezing up. check the Japanese 3DS if you have it.

The key thing to notice there is your 3DS is Japanese, they are ahead of us on time. My UK 3DS does not have the notification and I've been checking half hourly since 4am (insomnia problems).

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but some people also do have the Japanese 3DS (i live in America, fyi) and was hoping someone experimented / risked it already

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
djricekcn said:
Yeah, but some people also do have the Japanese 3DS (i live in America, fyi) and was hoping someone experimented / risked it already

Go on.. take one for the team!!!

I'm too chicken to try it out since I don't have ZELDA or ABYSS =(

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol i love how so many people were like "ahh nintendo cant brick you im so confident it wont brick it coz of legal reasons blah blah blah" but now its actually here everyone will be terrified and wont dare do it till they're sure someone else did it safely! (honestly id be the same if i used a flashcart on it but i havent so im all good)

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
Lol i love how so many people were like "ahh nintendo cant brick you im so confident it wont brick it coz of legal reasons blah blah blah" but now its actually here everyone will be terrified and wont dare do it till they're sure someone else did it safely! (honestly id be the same if i used a flashcart on it but i havent so im all good)

No, it's only those who were already afraid who are terrified of updating. I'm going to update immediately because I know that Nintendo won't brick the system. At most, they are going to patch the exploits that make it possible to use the flash cards.

admiralvic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
I have full faith that there will be no risk an would put money on that fact. I like to think of all the reasons they wont and above all I cant help but think they would want to avoid a PS3 situation. Sony removed OTHER OS and that started a god damn war... if Nintendo bricks systems it will be on; no doubt there.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
m3rox said:
Terenigma said:

No, it's only those who were already afraid who are terrified of updating. I'm going to update immediately because I know that Nintendo won't brick the system. At most, they are going to patch the exploits that make it possible to use the flash cards.
Wouldn't an online ban suck almost as bad, though?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
m3rox said:
Terenigma said:

Wouldn't an online ban suck almost as bad, though?

I doubt they would do that. They would be eliminating sales from the eshop. If you're talking about online play, I don't play online multiplayer so I really don't care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat