Hacking Do flashcarts work after today's update?

sniperseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im up in the us with my 3ds, still waiting for the update. have an AK2i.... hoping it wont be blocked but waiting for MML3P and anything else (us 3ds btw)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres no way in hell i'd risk getting Online Banned.

Which is why i hate yet to use a Flash Cart yet. (Seeing as i still have a DS Lite, and a slowly growing collection of DS/3DS games)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This update will DEFINITELY block flashcarts - Nintendo style.
In this fabulous $249.99 package.

And btw, the update is tomorrow.

Sayishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Im rather worried, either 1. Getting my flashcard block. 2. Getting an online ban or 3. Bricked console

We shall wait and see

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sayishere said:
Im rather worried, either 1. Getting my flashcard block. 2. Getting an online ban or 3. Bricked console

We shall wait and see
1. The flashcart companies will be on it straight away, so your cart will likely only be down for about a week, perhaps longer.
2. We'll have to wait and see about this one, but I doubt it'll happen.
3. Check the threads around here. THEY CAN'T LEGALLY BRICK YOUR SYSTEM.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't yet bought my AceKard for my 3DS all because I'm waiting for filesizes of games so I can buy a SD Card big enough to hold a lot of games on it. Also, because when the 3DS is officially hacked I could see which flashcards actually work on the 3DS.

Should I still update? Seeing as how I saw topics on the first 3DS game being dumped, the 3DS may soon be hacked. And soon, when it does, I'll be getting a flashcard. Most likely the AceKard. So I don't know if it's worth it to update or not... :S

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Shad0wninja said:
I haven't yet bought my AceKard for my 3DS all because I'm waiting for filesizes of games so I can buy a SD Card big enough to hold a lot of games on it. Also, because when the 3DS is officially hacked I could see which flashcards actually work on the 3DS.

Should I still update? Seeing as how I saw topics on the first 3DS game being dumped, the 3DS may soon be hacked. And soon, when it does, I'll be getting a flashcard. Most likely the AceKard. So I don't know if it's worth it to update or not... :S

well monkey ball and Ghost recon are 256mb and Star Wars Lego III is 512mb

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
i'm not afraid of the brick, i'm afraid of my flash cart not working
I am with you on that. My DS phat literally fell apart 2 days after i got my 3DS. It's my only hand held for DS games. I do have a new battery and shell on the way though.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Pong20302000 said:
Shad0wninja said:

Looking at that, I bet games like RE and MGS will be about 1GB. And pokemon titles around 1.5GB

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Shad0wninja said:

Looking at that, I bet games like RE and MGS will be about 1GB. And pokemon titles around 1.5GB

yeah im guessing new zelda will either be 1024mb or 1280mb

pokemon i bet will be one of the largest too

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
chris888222 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Shad0wninja said:

I actually would go the other way around... I'd say Zelda could be as little as 128mb... Zelda contains no FMVs and almost no voice acting... The updated textures and models wouldn't take a huge amount of space by comparison.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
UniqueGeek said:
chris888222 said:
And btw, the update is tomorrow.
Only for some countries. It updates (if I remember correctly), 6:00PM PST; the morning tomorrow for others.

Gwrr... it's only 7am here in LA.
dry.gif

Later I'm going to E3 though. Haha
laugh.gif

koji2009 said:
Pong20302000 said:
chris888222 said:
Pong20302000 said:
QUOTE(Shad0wninja @ Jun 6 2011, 02:50 PM)

I actually would go the other way around... I'd say Zelda could be as little as 128mb... Zelda contains no FMVs and almost no voice acting... The updated textures and models wouldn't take a huge amount of space by comparison.
How large was the file on N64?

It should be slightly larger, since it is 3D. You need 2D and 3D versions of it if i'm not wrong.

Edit: Sorry for double post!

DAMN WHY MUST I ALWAYS PRESS THE POST BUTTON INSTEAD OF MERGING
dry.gif

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
koji2009 said:
Pong20302000 said:
chris888222 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Shad0wninja said:

It should be slightly larger, since it is 3D. You need 2D and 3D versions of it if i'm not wrong.

dry.gif

dont forget it contains 2 games, master quest

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Pong20302000 said:
chris888222 said:
koji2009 said:
Pong20302000 said:
chris888222 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Shad0wninja said:

dry.gif

dont forget it contains 2 games, master quest
Two games on the N64?
unsure.gif

Sorry, me absolutely no idea
frown.gif

EDIT: checked. The 3DS version has maps from MQ.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not two seperate games, it's just the added map files from MQ, which would add some bulk... but not too much (it would still use the same textures and nearly all models would be identical, just map geometry)

If I recall correctly, OoT on the N64 was 32MB (256mbit), maybe 24MB (192mbit). The 3DS one will be noticeable larger, I just can't imagine that the updated textures models would end up taking more than 4-5x the original... Unless they don't use any form of compression for textures

ProtoKnux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I would love for OOT 3DS to have some sort of "manually turn off 3D" option like SSFIV 3DS does.

I would want to play at 60 frames per second. That would be 3 times the original. Or even more for the PAL version of OOT64. Super fluid.

But it won't happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?