prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Tfwvs.jpg
DmC Devil May Cry is an upcoming action game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It will be the first title in the series not to be developed internally at Capcom. Instead, development will be handled by the English studio Ninja Theory, while the Japanese and American branches of Capcom will supervise the production creatively and logistically.[/p]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DmC_Devil_May_Cry
jTD4S.jpg

W879m.jpg

TITau.jpg

YeZxc.jpg

Cdp9v.jpg
qrchsp.jpg

do6wd3.jpg

25yw4k3.jpg
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riz1byp-MW8[/youtube]
icon11.gif
What new Dante looked like initially
icon35.gif
30FPS confirmed

Depending on how well this thread goes, I'll format it better and post news/pictures/videos

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks sweet, and the new Dante looks more human, I don't prefer him to the other one, but at the same time I don't prefer the other one to him. They both clearly have different bases and are supposed to represent two different Dantes, but this one seems a lot more realistic than the other one, but the old one looks more bada$$, and I think that was intentional. I think they meant for the contrast to be there and made him look more human for that reason, so he could grow into his bada$$ery, while still holding a contemporary coolness of his own so as to be directed toward a specific crowd rather than how Old Dante's coolness is loved by many. Just a theory.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still going with old Dante > new Dante. I enjoyed his corny one liners and overly bad ass attitude. That's kinda what made him cool.

New Dante just looks like he's appealing to some hipster crowd or something.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Old Dante>new dante -nuff said

Ninja Theory... The theory on how to ninja old fans.

You want to have a badass looking Dante pwning the enemies. Not someone that appeals some hipster crowd.
For the first time in my life i agree with this dood
Guild McCommunist said:
New Dante just looks like he's appealing to some hipster crowd or something.
Which i thought i wouldn't ever do in my life

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Also if you take your eyes away from the ass in the angel art, you'll notice it's a party.

It is younger Dante after all, he always had a bit of hipster in him.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Also if you take your eyes away from the ass in the angel art, you'll notice it's a party.

IMO he seems like he's trying to appeal to a younger teenage demographic.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:

And I have no problems with that, it's working.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:

And I have no problems with that, it's working.
Actually...I guess that's the only thing I don't like about him. He seems to...something I can't really explain. I guess I feel like he's gonna act like a teenage dick, the type often spotlighted in TV shows and movies. That's not exactly what I mean, but...

To be more precise, I guess, it's face I don't like. I just don't like it. At all. Well, that or his hairstyle, but not both.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paarish said:
I think the only reason you guys prefer old Dante, is because it's what you're used to.
Not being open-minded... tsk tsk...
closedeyes.gif
Nope, I only played part of DMC 1 and 2. Very small parts. Also, a part of the demo of 4.

Is it so wrong that I have differing views? You make it seem like we have to like him or else we're not open minded.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks that there will not be a PC version. I played DmC 4 on PC and loved every minute of it. It's one of those games where I pirated it initially and loved it so much that I bought an official copy. DmC is badassery at its finest.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The first things that come to mind on seeing this are...

He no longer gives off the idea that he's of Demonic heritage. Dante now just looks like a moody (unemployed) teenager.

And....DMC 2 was AWFUL (REALLY REALLY) and that wasn't made by the original DMC team. The fact that they've passed it on is surely a bad thing.

A quick browse of that Neogaf article makes me think more Ninja Gaiden than DMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."