Hacking DLC not working

persephone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
In a handful of games like Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold, I have an issue. All 198 blocks of the game's DLC is on my SD card. When booting up the game, the "Loading Add-on content" message pops up but when I start playing, the DLC is nowhere to be found. It is a USA game with a USA update and USA DLC. Other games, like Fire Emblem Echoes and it's DLC work just fine. Deleting and re-installing doesn't work. I'm at a loss.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Like stated above, Etrian Odyssey games have the DLCs available AFTER you reach certain points in the game. For example DLC quests (the ones for money or for experience) are available the moment you can accept quests (meaning after you map the first floor properly and turn it in), while other things like additional character skins can be available during character creation or AFTER you job change (lv20) and so on, it varies with each DLC but it's the same throughout all games in the series.

Reactions: NoNAND

persephone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I probably should have mentioned this in the OP, but I've made some progress in the game. I'm at the 2nd stratum.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Which DLCs exactly do you have installed that you aren't seeing? From what I remember all the DLCs for the game are either quests or character skins (as in the look), with DLC quests (one for experience and one for money which can be accepted over and over and are outlined in blue color at the bar when accepting them) being available after you finish the first assignment (map the first floor and turn it in) and the skins are available from the very start and can be chosen during character creation if you simply keep scrolling to the right when choosing a character's general look. There aren't any other DLCs, at least I don't remember any...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Go on FBI, find the installed titles list and look for the game with the DLC that's not working and verify the IDs actually match. For EO:U2 for example it should have the ID (high+low ID) as 000400000015F200, then right next to it the same but with the high ID (the 00040000 part) ending in an e (0004000E0015F200) then in 8C (0004008C0015F200). High IDs that end in "e" are updates, high IDs that end in "8c" are DLCs. If the game's ID and the DLC's ID doesn't match, then it won't work. Also, if you notice the DLC's size to be off, perhaps you have a bad CIA for the DLC so try looking for it elsewhere.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
200 blocks sounds about right for DLC actually, DLC are just tiny files, things like a "special mission" DLC in a game or "special character" shouldn't take more than 1-8 blocks each and EO games don't have that many DLC...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yikes, I checked the titles of the game and DLC and it all matches up.
Then probably corrupted DLC or something like that, just find a different CIA for them. Also, if you have installed them from a CIA and accessed the eshop afterwards, DLCs often have their tickets deleted (they still take up space and all but can't be used), so that may also be the problem...

JustHarrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Go on FBI, find the installed titles list and look for the game with the DLC that's not working and verify the IDs actually match. For EO:U2 for example it should have the ID (high+low ID) as 000400000015F200, then right next to it the same but with the high ID (the 00040000 part) ending in an e (0004000E0015F200) then in 8C (0004008C0015F200). High IDs that end in "e" are updates, high IDs that end in "8c" are DLCs. If the game's ID and the DLC's ID doesn't match, then it won't work. Also, if you notice the DLC's size to be off, perhaps you have a bad CIA for the DLC so try looking for it elsewhere.
Thanks, you clarified my doubts I was wondering why my DLC wasn't working, it turned out all EUR DLC's on the internet had issues or something only the USA one is fine and working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong